Author Topic: Upgrading MiVoice Office from 2.x to v6.0 with updated Flash card  (Read 1695 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Upgrading MiVoice Office from 2.x to v6.0 with updated Flash card
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
Will this upgrade give the customer 6 ports of IP networking and the ability to add IP phones?  The v2.x 5000 has 3 ports of IP networking and no IP enabler license.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading MiVoice Office from 2.x to v6.0 with updated Flash card
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
As far as I am aware....the 6 IP network licenses is for a new sale on a controller, so a license upgrade with AMC to v6 will merely transfer your old license over.  Same thing with the category D licenses.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
Thanks bharckbarth-  We are keeping their old CS controller, replacing the old flash and thumbdrive with a 2G Flash v6.0.  So will the IP Networking ports increase to 6 and the IP phone capability be enabled?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
Jmarcwsp1,

If I had to guess I would say that the IP Networking would get 3 more licenses to get to the default 6 for not having purchased IP Networking. As for the IP Enabler license it would not be added by default, but you would most likely get 48 Category E licenses to allow for a full Base CS Controller.

If you already have the SWA up to date then you could change their license to 6.0 and then right before you download it there is a screen that tells you what it would have. If it isn't what you want then don't download it and change it back to the earlier version.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. I just looked at one we did the other day from 2.3 to 6.0 and the IP Enabler license said No on it. As for the 6 IP Networking licenses I would have to be in the system to see what it has as the license just says No, but by default in 6.0 that would be 6 licenses.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
Thanks TE-

When you upgrade to v6.0 with a new flash certain licenses don't exist anymore- DEI license 1,2,3,4 and the IP enabler.  IP enabler was removed at 4.0 because it gave you 48 CAT E with the digital package.

I would think with the upgrade and new flash you could add CAT A or CAT D licenses.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:28:54 AM »
Jmarcwsp1,

You would be able to add any licensing you would normally be able to purchase for 6.0 with no problems after you update the system version in the AMC.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10