Author Topic: Voice mail not picking up  (Read 6481 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Voice mail not picking up
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:17:16 PM »
I have a mitel 5000 system.  I have 1 user whose voice mial no longer picks up.
The mailbox is good, as I can dial the 2700 # directly and leave her a msg, but when I call her ext, it just rings and rings.

I saw this post, but that isn't helping me as her system forwarding is set to yes - any other ideas?
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg21242#msg21242

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voice mail not picking up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »
Make sure that user has a System Forward Path assigned to the phone, and the parameters for the feature are correct.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
No good.

I have about half of my phones NOT set with a forwarding path and all voice mails ring through.
I setup this ext with the forwarding path and it let it ring 20 times before hanging up.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
Is Dynamic Extension turned on, but has no path to VM?  Are all the flags in SYS FWD for this ext turned on (RING NO ANSWER, CALL TYPES)?  Does the call BELONG to that ext (not forwarded from somewhere else, which invalidates SYS FWD)?

If I were troubleshooting this I'd build a new test SYS FWD path that goes to another ext and choose it, be sure flags are right, make a call.

Most common problem is that SYS FWD flag in PHONE RELATED INFO, suggest you turn off and back on, just in case.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »
Dynamic Extension = OFF
Flags: Sys Fwd = Yes

Ring No Ans, Call Types = not clear on what you are asking.  I do not see the settings for these.
Call Belong = again, not clear on this.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »
If you look in SYSTEM/DEVICES...?PHONES and find her phone, look at FORWARDING PATHS.  Hopefully you see the voice mail path there.  Open up her path by double-clicking the icon, you should see a bunch of parameters such as day, night, busy, no answer, including several call types.  Make sure any behaviors you desire are on.

When I asked if the call BELONGS to that user, I'm asking if the call is her call, was it transferred directly to her extension.  If it came via a hunt group or a forward from someone else SYS FWD doesn't happen, ever.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »
IC calls are not flagged in sys fwd by default, because it disables handsfree internally. Try pointing a DID or XFRing an outside call to the extension in question. If you cannot see the call types (IE: IC, DID, etc..), there might be some permission settings with the programming account, or even database corruption.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
If you look in SYSTEM/DEVICES...?PHONES and find her phone, look at FORWARDING PATHS.  Hopefully you see the voice mail path there.  Open up her path by double-clicking the icon, you should see a bunch of parameters such as day, night, busy, no answer, including several call types.  Make sure any behaviors you desire are on.

When I asked if the call BELONGS to that user, I'm asking if the call is her call, was it transferred directly to her extension.  If it came via a hunt group or a forward from someone else SYS FWD doesn't happen, ever.

Thanks for the clarification.  I have added a forwarding path, which appears to be correct, but it's still not working.  And our tests calls have been straight to her extension.

My other concern now, is that not everyone has forwarding paths set, but they all do have working voice mail.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
IC calls are not flagged in sys fwd by default, because it disables handsfree internally. Try pointing a DID or XFRing an outside call to the extension in question. If you cannot see the call types (IE: IC, DID, etc..), there might be some permission settings with the programming account, or even database corruption.

I have been tying with removing this user completely and resetting her up.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
You'll love this...we did nothing and it's working again.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
Quick, do a backup!! LOL!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10