Author Topic: Disable camp ons from VP applications  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Disable camp ons from VP applications
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
Scenario: customer has a main number pointing to a CRA, all callers dial that number, then enter the extension they want.
Problem: If the extension is busy, the call just camps on [most of the time, without the handset user being aware of it, but I digress].

It seems that a call coming from the CRA is not treated as external, ie it doesn't obey the "DDI/E&M receive busy instead of camp-on" flag. This seems like a design feature of the 5000, but what workarounds can anyone think of, that doesn't involve creating a path/group or what have you for *every* extension?

The customer doesn't want to buy more DDIs.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Disable camp ons from VP applications
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
Easy enough to send transferred calls to voicemail (or somewhere else, such as a "this party is busy" announcement) if busy, using system forward rules.
Once a call is answered by a live person or auto attendant you're not going to be able to return busy any more.  Think of the AA just like a live attendant, who also can't deliver busy when a caller asks to be transferred.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disable camp ons from VP applications
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:48:03 AM »
Sorry, please ignore this embarrassing question. I've just worked out that on all the extensions I was testing with, system forward had been disabled with 354 to test something else...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10