Author Topic: Contact Center and SQL Server  (Read 3379 times)

Offline MitelEndUser

• View Profile
Contact Center and SQL Server
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:48:10 AM »
First post, so please bear with me!  Please note we are an end user, so not totally used to setting up Mitel.

We are running a single 3300 with approximately 100 phones and users, installed approximately 4 months ago.  We also have CCM Contact Center Management, running version 7.0.1

When the CCM Contact Center Management was set up by our installer, they created the Data directory locally on the C drive.  We told them this thought this a bad idea, but they were adamant that it was the only way.  My reasoning is that firstly, it is a virtual machine, so at any point, if a snapshot is reinstalled, the CCM will be running an old version of the workflows without anyone realising.  Secondly, as was explained to them, we have a fully functioning SQL Server on the network, where all our contact information sits.

We have looked through the CCM Installation manual, and it suggests that you can put your data wherever you want.  We therefore tried to detach the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData MDFs, and this worked.  We moved them to our SQL Server, and reattached them without any problem.  However, when we try to reconfigure CCM by running the Configuration Wizard as the manual suggests, we get an error saying that the data must be local as we have a Multimedia Contact Center licence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Contact Center and SQL Server
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »
As of 7.0 and later even when running the database on an MSSQL server you still need a local mssql-express instance on the server that hosts the Contact Centre for the multimedia

-extract from release notes-
SQL Express - Two new multimedia SQL databases are created during the installation of Contact Center Solutions Version 7. A local copy of SQL Express is required on your Contact Center Management server to host these new Multimedia Contact Center real-time databases. This is required in all instances, even if you use remote SQL to host the Contact Center Management database.

Offline MitelEndUser

• View Profile
Re: Contact Center and SQL Server
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:47:33 AM »
I saw that part in the Installation Guide.  However, the Guide explains how to move CCMData and CCMStatisticalData onto a remote SQL Server (pages 139 to 140).  This is the part I want to do.  I am happy to leave SQLExpress running on the CCM.

The alternative is - how do I remove the Multimedia Contact Center licence, so it wont throw the error?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10