Author Topic: D4/SF T1 on Adtran/SIP  (Read 1684 times)

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
D4/SF T1 on Adtran/SIP
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
I have a client that has a current D4/SF T1 which is working perfectly.  However, their provider is discontinuing service to this type of T1.  They are on a SX200EL, so can't use a PRI.  Two carriers have told them that they can provide service and have tried to do so using an Adtran with SIP signaling.  Neither carrier has had any luck so far.  Anybody had any success with this kind of setup?
Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: D4/SF T1 on Adtran/SIP
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:53 PM »
I've seen several carriers deliver via SIP to prem and hand off vial a PRI. 
They've used both Adtran and Cisco as the router.
It's pretty common in Michigan at least.

It's always been a PRI but I wouldn't think a T1 would be a problem.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: D4/SF T1 on Adtran/SIP
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:08:41 PM »
I have been testing something similar with an Adtran 908 using sip extensions and a T1 E&M wink connection to a 3300. My setup's purpose is to test some T.38 faxing, but the principle should be the same. I have the DSX port from the Adtran connected to the PBX using D4/B8ZS. As my test setup is sitting in my basement at home, from memory I have the voice trunk group set to accept both 4 digit and 91XXXXXXXXXX. I have the DID digits set to pass the max 16. From an external sip ata, I can dial either an internal extension or likely back out another trunk(haven't test this, but calls complete to the internal extension and 9 plus seizes the tie an provides reorder as expected due to not having that peice build).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10