Author Topic: Two apparent bugs in 7.0PR1  (Read 5482 times)

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
Two apparent bugs in 7.0PR1
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
We recently upgraded to 7.0PR1 on both our 3300 and our VMCD.  We have experienced two show-stopping bugs.

1.  Controller crashes when modifying hunt group resiliency.  Twice the 3300 has crashed when we modify the "2nd element" resiliency on a hunt group pilot number.  The hunt group points to 16 SIP trunks on our voicemail server.  As soon as this setting is changed, the administrative interface responds very slowly, and all the phones on that controller behave strangely.  They experience a delay in dialing and a delay in picking up a call.  Other strange behaviours have been reported, as well.  The only fix is to reboot the controller.

3.  One-way audio caused by congestion of logical ports.  My understanding of this phenomenon is incomplete, and is based on conversations with our vendor, who have a ticket open with Mitel.  We have several DID numbers pointing to ATA SIP boxes, and are experiencing a high volume of spam faxes.  This is not a problem in itself.  However, it appears that many of these calls are not terminated properly, and cause the consumption of logical ports on the controller.  I've been told there are about 11,000 of these ports, and when they are congested, we experience one-way audio.  Does this make any kind of sense to anyone?

This brings me to a general observation: we have no visibility into Mitel bugs.  The Mitel OnLine site has nothing of substance in this regard.  So far this forum is my best option for troubleshooting outside of vendor channels.  Does anyone else have other resources that you could point to?

Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Two apparent bugs in 7.0PR1
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:23 PM »
Regarding the SIP ATAs:  Do they happen to be accessed through a firewall?
Or via a TW server?
The reason I asked is that once upon a time I had a similar issue.  It was teleworker calls.  We upgraded our TW server and that added more ports that were rotated through for each call.   We had to change our TW port range to match what was in our firewall.   

Ralph

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
No, no firewall or TW server involved.  We do use a pair of MBGs for outbound SIP proxies, though.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
So do the ATA's take incoming SIP calls through the MBGs?
And are the MBGs in server-gateway mode or are they in the DMZ?

Ralph

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
Yes, the ATAs take incoming calls through the MBGs.

The MBGs are in Gateway mode.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
Then check the allowed port ranges for the MBG.   I believe it should be UDP 20000 to 30999.
Calls cycle through the ports.   After they use 30999 it starts back over at 20000.
The symptom would be it works for a while then stops.  If you reboot the mbg it starts working again.

Ralph

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:58 AM »
We received a patch from Mitel that solved the one-way audio problem.  I expect that it'll be bundled into SP1.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 08:49:11 AM »
You might want to consider joining the Mitel user group. Think the first year is free and you mgiht get access to more documentation. Think its in the partner section of the Mitel Web site.

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
I am a member of the Mitel User Group (Mitel OnLine).  It's primarily a marketing tool.  The forums are not heavily used, and there is no access to Mitel bug reports. 

The statement of purpose gives it away: "To increase product knowledge for its members about current and upcoming Mitel business communications solutions."

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:53:32 PM »
The user group itself also has a much more active web forum that is full of advice from many longtime Mitel customers. Far better than the weak boards on MOL.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
This brings me to a general observation: we have no visibility into Mitel bugs.  The Mitel OnLine site has nothing of substance in this regard.

You've possibly been looking in the wrong place. Try Support -> What's New. They often publish a Known Product Issues document. Alternatively, you can find them in the Knowledge Base. It's not a real time view into their tracking system, but it's a lot more than I've seen from other manufacturers.

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Oh!  Because there's a Mitel OnLine link at the top of the user group page, I thought it was all bundled into the same login.  I have registered - thanks for pointing that out!

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
The user group itself also has a much more active web forum that is full of advice from many longtime Mitel customers. Far better than the weak boards on MOL.

We've been looking for this for a long time.  Do you have a link?

Offline jabbott51

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:30 PM »
The user group link is here :  http://www.mitelusergroup.com/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10