Author Topic: UCA teleworker and Mitel5000 mystery. We cant get it to work!  (Read 1726 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
UCA teleworker and Mitel5000 mystery. We cant get it to work!
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 and MAS server.  We have the UCA and softphones working fine inside the building, but ran into a stumbling block when trying to configure the teleworker/MBG to work outside.

We've hired the local phone supplier who is the mitel agent in our area to configure the MBG and get the softphones working outside the building.  This is the company that originally installed our 5000 and they have also installed our UCA/MAS server.

Anyhow, we can not get the MBG/Teleworker to work.  The last stumbling block has been whether or not we need the Mitel Proxy Server...we can not access the Proxy Server settings in the UCA admin console...though it makes reference to the Proxy Server in the MBG manual. 

What is the proxy server, how is it installed, and can it be installed on the same server as the UCA install?...and is it even needed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we have all run out of options!

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: UCA teleworker and Mitel5000 mystery. We cant get it to work!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »
We didn't need either the proxy server or teleworker.  If you search these forums, I spent a lot of time trying to get my UCA to work outside of the office and finally got it.

One was the opening of ports in the firewall- which I listed elsewhere.

The other was that I needed the correct IP address of the 5000 in the MAS Setup under the PBX Node Details section in the UC Server section.

Correct Internal IP.

Correct External IP.

If this helps you get it working, you will have spent 1/10th the time I spent.  Good luck.

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

What is the proxy server used for then?

We have a DMZ configured to the MAS server so firewall is not the issue.

Don't worry, we've spent MANY hours on this, so we are in the same boat lol.  We tried opening of the firewall ports...but had no luck.  I can't seem to find your reference to them.  About how long ago did you post them?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
Proxy server is a component not available on the MAS, only a full MBG server. Its a way to allow outside remote administration or access to UCA webpages through the MBG server.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
Thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10