Author Topic: after isp switch, not asking for codes on long distance calls  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Terry.TNC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
after isp switch, not asking for codes on long distance calls
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
We switched isp/phone provider today.  All went well except for one hiccup.  Normally, callers are asked for an account code after they dial a long distance toll call.  The system is no longer asking for the code.

I keep looking side-by-side between the current database and a saved database, but nothing has changed in the tree for Phone-Related Information / Account Codes / Forced.  In fact, both databases are empty in this area.  All phones are in the Account Codes / None area.  So how was the system prompting previously?

I'm not sure where to look.  Is it possible to configure such a feature so that it communicates with an outside service before prompting (rather than rely on programming within this database itself)?  So we would have lost that external information after the change?  I'm stumped.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: after isp switch, not asking for codes on long distance calls
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »
It sounds like it was the carrier that was doing the codes for LD, and upon switching you lost that.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: after isp switch, not asking for codes on long distance calls
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
I think Bluewhite is on the money.  Did your carrier provide you with a list of LD calls by code?  If so, they were the ones asking for the code after call was placed.  You can have the 5000 ask for codes by just putting users in the forced validated account codes group and entering the codes you want to use BUT unless you're running some kind of reporting or call accounting program to collect the data it won't be very useful.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10