Author Topic: Phantom Voicemail  (Read 3373 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Phantom Voicemail
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
6.0 embedded voicemail- all locations point back to this one location.

Have several phones at different sites where they check for a vm as their light is blinking and nothing is there. It's not a call back or call me back msg, I have deleted one vm box and re-added this for it to show up the next day. One of the sights when she checks her vm and it say's nothing is there the blinking stops. The other sites do this and blinking occurs all day. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »
It could be that there is a line on the users' phone that is the 1st member of a hunt group that has a VM.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
Ralph,

I looked and there not apart of a Hunt Group. What I did find though, when looking at features under MT CMDs for this extension it shows. However, when I look at her mailbox on the embedded vm system it shows zero new messages so at least I think the issue is originating from her site or phone.
IP Device ID:   11                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 11 1                                                   
Extension : 6146                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Message Waiting Lamp On                                                         
Callback Messages : 1                                                           
Phone Lock: UnLocked                                                           
Service Level: Full
Thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
So none of the keys on the phone are part of a hunt group.   <perplexed>
Do the phones have any key or multiline buttons on them other than the prime?  Such as a 'department' number?

When the MWI is lit and you press the MWI button does it ring to the VM pilot?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »
They have one key that is the "incoming main" but it's not setup as a Hunt Group in the traditonal since. It's just an analog phone line that our call center could transfer customers to. It's a multicall key setup on most everyone's phone. Howerver, this number 6939 doesn't have a mailbox associated with it nor is it's call rerouting going to vm it's design to just ring everyone at the site. We don't cold transfer customers so if nobody picks up the line from our CC they just go to another site or take a message.

When they hit the MWI it does ring to VM pilot number and it goes to their specific mailbox like they had a message. very strange indeed. 

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »
It does indicate Call Back Message looking at your detail, so I would go to the COS for the phones and make:

Multiline Set Voice Mail Callback Message Erasure Allowed.......Yes

Disable Send Message........Yes

Then I think they will be able to clear it, and it shouldn't come back. Only a theory, though. Try it.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »
There is a way to pull the MWI events for a 24 hour period on the embedded VM and it will tell you what is causing the light to be lit if the VM is doing it. Unfortunately I don't have notes on it anymore.

Anyone else know?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
FTP to the MCD and look in the /vmail/c/voxdrv directory for diag.dat

The system performs a check a 3am and if it believes that a message wait lamp is supposed to be lit it will light it. Troll through the diag.dat file and it will give you an indication of what is being set at system check time.

First member of a hunt group is one trick but also first member of Multicall button as well. Does the extension have multicall buttons? If so check voicemail on those numbers for messages.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
The ext. has two multicall keys one being the ext. 6146 which it has no vm messages when I look in the embedded vm system. The other being 6939 as I previously discussed and this does not have a vm box. I have used putty before to restart vm but never have used FTP to look at logs like you suggest. I will give this a try.

Thanks,

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:09 AM »
alright I got into the diag.dat file and the only thing I found related to any of the extensions having issues was see below. I think that it means she checked it at that time but I'm not sure. There was nothing related to 6146 around or after the 3 am mark.

08/12 16:21:18 INFO    7013-07 Logged in to mailbox 6146
08/12 16:21:18 DEBUG   5300-07 vtmsgcheck=0[msg6146.vox,0]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10