Author Topic: Deassign MWI Lines First  (Read 4859 times)

Offline jms316voyages

• View Profile
Deassign MWI Lines First
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
Hi people
I need to assign an extension to a new user, their handset is a different model. When I change the handset to 5215 dual mode, and add in the new mac address, I get the error "deassign MWI lines first". I ran the command 'locate feature extension' initially and my results were:

IP Device ID:  153                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 2 28 1                                                   
Extension : 8172                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Headset                                                                         
Make Busy                                                                       
Message Waiting Lamp On                                                         
Callback Messages : 1                                                           
Call Forward No Answer External : 8012                                         
Call Forward No Answer Internal : 8012                                         
Call Forward Busy External : 8012                                               
Call Forward Busy Internal : 8012                                               
Phone Lock: UnLocked                                                           
Service Level: Full                                                             
MAC Address : 08:00:0F:22:3F:EB                                                 
Zone ID: 1 

I plugged the phone in, the MWI was flashing, I hit the key and removed the MWI light. I logged into the phone to check if there were any other MWI lights showing up, nothing. I even used the 'callback cancel' code. I re-submitted the locate feature extension command, the updated results are:

IP Device ID:  153                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 2 28 1                                                   
Extension : 8172                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Headset                                                                         
Make Busy                                                                       
Call Forward No Answer External : 8012                                         
Call Forward No Answer Internal : 8012                                         
Call Forward Busy External : 8012                                               
Call Forward Busy Internal : 8012                                               
Phone Lock: UnLocked                                                           
Service Level: Full                                                             
MAC Address : 08:00:0F:22:3F:EB                                                 
Zone ID: 1   

when i try to change the phone model to the 5212 and change mac address, I get the same error, deassign the MWI lines first. I am not sure how to resolve this issue as it does appear that there are no more MWI waiting lights or any callback messages left.

Any ideas?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Deassign MWI Lines First
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:50 PM »
Are there any Message Wait Indicator Keys programmed?
Clear them first.

Offline jms316voyages

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
yes there are 5 speed dial keys that are assigned to mailboxes. i cant delete these keys because i get the error:

"users are associated with this hosted service"

how can these keys be deleted? I have read in other posts that you need to delete the number from the telephone directory list first, but will doing this affect the existing mailboxes?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:45:49 PM by jms316voyages »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:55 PM »
There normally isn't an issue deleting these keys unless there is an active message on them.
Have all messages been deleted from the 5 keys.
I assume they are 'Message Wait Indicator' type keys not 'Speed Dial'

Offline jms316voyages

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:08:36 PM »
actually they have been setup as 'single line' rather than 'message waiting indicator' line types.

all 5 of these keys cant be deleted. it is possible that there are messages on the mailboxes of those mailbox extensions (e.g. 8800) but I cant clear those, only the users who access those mailboxes could clear those messages....

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
use 'locate feature extension xxxx' to check those single lines.
If there are users that have a MWI of these single lines then you will need to delete those before you can delete the single line keys.
If these numbers are still required then you need to create them on another phone, you may need to create a 'dummy' extension to achieve this.

Offline jms316voyages

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:27 AM »
these 5 voicemail boxes are assigned as speed dial keys on this extension. as far as i know they are not set as speed dial keys on any other extensions. at this point ive tried so many ways to delete these keys and it still cant be done. the same error appears every time.

i have tried turning on the WMI for one of the voicemail numbers as a test, it doesnt seem to want to turn off or more likely im doing it wrong. so these programmed keys cant be deleted, i cant even delete the entire extension from the group because it reverts back to telling me i have to delete the programmed keys first, they wont allow me to delete them because of the original error of:

"Users are associated with this Hosted Service"

It is the syntax of this message that is confusing. what exactly do i have to delete? there really must be an answer to this

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »
Check the 'Multiline Appearance Groups' form to make sure that there is no more appearances of this number on other keys in the system.
I'm thinking that there is a MWI appearance somewhere else.

I take it you have looked at this article and its associated forum link.
http://www.mitelforums.com/articles/users-are-assoc-error.php

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
I'm in agreement with Sarond.
I suspect that the phone you are trying to change has a MWI button programmed on another phone.

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
"users are associated with this hosted service"

You need to go to the Telephone Directory and delete these there, then you won't get this error again.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:28 AM »
The 5 speedcall keys have an MWI associated with them somewhere else that needs to be deleted before the system can delete the appearance of the DN on the set you're working on. Another way around this would be to create a key system or multicall appearance of those numbers on another set.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10