Author Topic: Removing resilient users  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Removing resilient users
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »
I have a customer who had a controller fail and instead of replacing it they want to move the users to another system in the cluster. We will call the failed system B and the good system A for this. Phones with B as their primary are currently failed over to A and operational. What is the best way to remove them from A as resilient and add them back to A as primary? The systems are a mix or rel 9.0 and MCD 4.0 with OPS/EMan still in use. I don't have a way to test anything out as they only want consultaion and not hands on.

My first thought was remove them from the tel dir in OPS and propogate the changes down, then re add the users. Would this work since controller B no longer exists?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Removing resilient users
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
My first thought was remove them from the tel dir in OPS and propogate the changes down, then re add the users. Would this work since controller B no longer exists?

Setting aside the issues of removing data sharing to B and removing it from the OpsManager database (doable, but a bit of a pain especially in a large cluster), that may be the least ugly way to do it. Ops will choke on the stuff to controller B, but at least then you can rebuild the users on A. Another option may be manually remove the users from Telephone Directory Assignment and Remote Directory Assignment on A as well, at which point they will become local sets on A, but you'd have to then remove the entries from the Ops TelDir, run a synch, and then re-add the entries in the TD of controller A and run another synch to get them into the Ops DB.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10