Author Topic: Pulse Dialling via P2T Adapter  (Read 1173 times)

Offline smaxwe1

• View Profile
Pulse Dialling via P2T Adapter
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:17:55 AM »
Hi All,

We've recently installed two new 3300's with 4 ASU's each which will all be used with Modems. We have a need to configure a couple of extensions with Pulse Dialling as the modem is an old POS. When we were down in Mitel's labs we didnt test this modem, but they did suggest a Pulse 2 Tone adapter has been seen to work and we have ordered some of these.

When I plug in a test handset and set this to Pulse dialling, it will dial my mobile / cell OK, but the modem wont dial out and I'm wondering if there is anything anywhere in the system that needs to be tweaked. I've looked at pulling pauses into a system speed call but am yet to test this.

Just wondering if anyoen else has any thoughts they could share? I'm not a Mitel guru, i'm an end user who's had to learn this through necessity, so please bear with me if something doesnt immediately click.

Cheers,

Steve

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse Dialling via P2T Adapter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
Steve. Try going to ONS/OPS Circuit Desc. You are most likely using the default, which is 1. Change the Part of a Modem to "yes" and see if that helps.

Offline smaxwe1

• View Profile
Re: Pulse Dialling via P2T Adapter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:19:38 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I've updated the 'Part of a Modem' and will give it a go.

Cheers,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10