Author Topic: 10 second page audio feed locks up on v6  (Read 1773 times)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
10 second page audio feed locks up on v6
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
Hey guys,

Ever since putting an HX controller on v6 (was at 5.1 SP4)  if the client makes a morning announcement (10 seconds or more) via all-call page, the audio feed literally locks up on the phones. Phones are all 5330's and 5340's.  Once locked up, it almost resembles a DTMF tone emanating from all the speakers. All phones paged are on site, not remote.   Short pages less than 10 seconds never seem to be a problem.   The controller came with 5.1 PR3 and was eventually upgraded incrementally to 5.1 SP4, and paging always worked fine for minutes if needed, on long announcements.

I'm going to try to replicate the problem on the bench and then downgrade that box to 5.1 SP4 and try it again, but I'm almost certain it's a software issue.

I did see 6.0 SP1 PR3 pop up and I'll be trying that, so it looks like they're still fixing v6 issues with some regularity.  The mysterious "status 88" calls and the busied out extension problems I posted about before both went away somewhere between SP1 and SP1 PR2.  I'm starting to lose track of all the v6 issues.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: 10 second page audio feed locks up on v6
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »
How many phones in the page zone?  If a lot, I'd try building a zone with just a few and test, just as a diagnostic check to see if it's any different.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »
Bhachbarth,

PR4 is on the emergency build site if you want to take it to the latest they have.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »
The page zone contains 14 phones.  Thanks ace why didn't I think of that?  I will make the zone much smaller and re-test.

Thanks TE I didn't know PR4 was already in the emergency build folder.  I feel I should wait a month or more before trying it, though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10