Author Topic: Call Forward Ring Group on Handset  (Read 4331 times)

Offline AndyMR2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call Forward Ring Group on Handset
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

Hopefully this is possible...

We have two desk phones as part of a ring group. The ring group number is the one that has been given out to the public to call in on for these phones.

At night the staff need to be able to call forward this ring group number to one of two mobile numbers (dependng who's on call). Is there a way to set up a couple of buttons on their phone to do this? I imagine they would need three buttons.

Call fwd to mobile 1
Call fwd to mobile 2
Remove call fwd

If they can't call forward the ring group is there another way to set it up? Maybe change one of their ext's to the call group ext and pair it to the other ext? They'd still need the tree buttons but the forwarding might be easier.

Thanks

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Call Forward Ring Group on Handset
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
Check your feature access codes for "Call Forwarding - Follow me - Third Party" and "Cancel Call Forwarding Follow me - Third Party"

you can then setup a user speedcall button with <FAC> <ring group ext> <number to be diverted to># and for the clear a cde speedcall button with <FAC> <ring group ext># (where FAC is your feature access code)

edit - added # to end of number sequence
you could also use a system speedcall to execut the FAC and then use a cde speedcall button to call the system speedcall to stop people from editing the button
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:33:16 PM by ghost »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:08 AM »
Don't know if you can foward a ring group. Not sure why one was setup for just 2 users, might have been simpler to put a button on both phone.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:50:34 AM »
What software version are you running? There has been improvements to ring groups in MiVoice 7

Offline AndyMR2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

We are on 6.0 SP3

So can I change one of the extensions to the call group number and just put a button on the other phone with the first phones ext and ring enabled. I din't think of that!

I can then set up three buttons on the first phone:

Call fwd to Mobile 1
Call fwd to Mobile 2
Remove call fwd

Can you help me work out what the keys would look like for this. (I need to fill in the attached for the three keys)

Thanks in advance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10