Author Topic: Rough Week  (Read 1877 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rough Week
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »
Monday, calls started coming in from our Mitel 5000 customers who are running Hipcom SIP trunks from ourselves. Voice disappears after a random amount of time.

Eventually we have fault reports from ALL of our customers with this particular combo of system and trunks.

Report it to BT/Hipcom who eventually admit they have had a lot of other complaints but it's definitely not their fault, they have made no changes to the SIP Trunk platform.

They tell us there was a patch released that fixes this problem, V6 SP1 PR2.

So why has my V4/5/6 systems been working for all this time now I suddenly need a Patch!  :-[

Upgraded three today, got another three to do tomorrow whilst a colleague does two then a few stragglers on Friday.

This will end up costing us quite a bit as we need to apply SWA from Mitel to the systems to upgrade them, also our engineering time which can't be billed out on any other jobs.

I also have a three node system using Xarios and CSM with a Faulty CT Gateway HASP. Not sure if you can still buy them since the new version came out??

Got in from Work tonight at 7pm and just as I walk in the door I get a call from another customer who runs a call centre telling me his ISDN30 is down! Fingers crossed it's BT and not a faulty PRI card. Thing is on this site he had SIP trunks which he moved away from and was wondering if he could re-instate as cover for this outage, no, we currently have a SIP trunk outage.

It's only Wednesday and I have worked 9 hours overtime so far!

Just thought I would share with you all  :'(

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rough Week
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
It's only Wednesday and I have worked 9 hours overtime so far!

Cha-Ching!

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 03:32:56 PM »
Unless he's salary...

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
Time and a half for overtime  :)

I'm up to 12 hours now!

Today was touring around Liverpool upgrading another three 5000s to clear this Hipcom SIP Trunk issue.

The last one went fine, tested the SIP trunks and it held a call for over a minute which was good.

Set off home and got around fifty miles away, phone call to tell me they couldn't dial out over the ISDN30e! I was so focused on fixing the SIPs I didn't think about checking the ISDN  :(

Remote reboots aren't fixing it and I can see loads of stats in the E1 Diagnostics telling me there have been Bipolar Violations and Out Of Frame messages.

I'm hoping the couple of reboots the system needed during the upgrade have just knocked the BT NTE out of sync slightly, fingers crossed BT can reboot the NTE and fix the problem.

Double fingers crossed the T1-E1 hasn't blown during one of the reboots!

I've also got another customer complaining that his customers are complaining his ring tone sounds funny when they dial in, this is down to the calls being routed via a STAR.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:36:43 PM by NTEDave »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10