Author Topic: 2 extensions with the same number  (Read 2112 times)

Offline mckeaj

• View Profile
2 extensions with the same number
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »
Hi All,

We want to get 3 phones all working (or posing) on the same extension number. We can easily setup a hunt group but we dont want them to be called individually or have their individual numbers displayed when calling out.

any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 extensions with the same number
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
mckeaj,

What version of software are you running on your Mitel 5000? This will determine what answer I will give you. By the way you can not stop anyone from dialing their actual numbers internally if that is what you want.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mckeaj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:47 AM »
Thanks for your quick response.

I think were on 6.0.61

Ah, I see. Its for a helpdesk and we dont want the individuals to be called, just the central hunt group number.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
mckeaj,

Well with that version I can give you two answers and you can pick whichever one best fits your ideal of how you want it to work.

Option 1:
1. Create a Hunt Group that has both extensions in an extension list within that Hunt Group
2. Give the Hunt Group as the extension of any phones you have within it; this will work internally except other uses can not use PKM/DSS/BLF lamps to see the individuals phones state without knowing their extension.
3. If they are outpulsing their number than change their Party Calling Number to be whatever number you want people to call to get to that hunt group and make sure that number is pointed only to that hunt group when they call in.

Option 2:
1. Create a phantom or use one of the phones, phantom is probably better.
2. Create a User of that phantom and make its associated destinations Desk2, Home1, Home2 the extensions of the phones you want to ring.
3. If they are outpulsing their number than change their Party Calling Number to be whatever number you want people to call to get to the personal ring group and make sure that number is pointed only to the phantom extension when they call in.

The bonus of option 1 is that I can have a totally seperate mailbox that can light any one of the phones that is in the Hunt Group; you can not do that with option 2.

I personally like Option 1 as it allows for a greater number of extensions in the group and you have more control over the call and what the caller hears than you would with a phantom.

How else would callers be able to get to these extensions that you would not like to have happen?

Thanks,

TE

Offline mckeaj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:57:12 AM »
TE, Many thanks for your time and response.

I will go for option 1

Mckeaj

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:01:37 AM »
mckeaj,

Are you a technician or a customer and do you need a more detailed explanation of how to set this up?

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
Setup a Hunt Group with a Phone Extn List containing the three Help Desk Phones.
On the Three Help Desk Phones set a System Forwarding Path that forwards to the Hunt Group extn immediately.
Call them all Support and as TE says only publish the Support HG number.

Done.

If i'm on the Help Desk and call you internally you will see a call from "Support", if you use the Directory to find an extn number for Support and call me back the call will automatically forward to the Hunt Group extn and can be answered by any of the three phones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10