Author Topic: Users prompted for Outlook password when UCA is on  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Emmao

• View Profile
Users prompted for Outlook password when UCA is on
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just doing some investigation to try to determine the cause of a problem we're having with a substantial number of our users.

We've noticed lately that for certain users at our firm, whenever they have both Outlook and UCA open at the same time they will be prompted repeatedly for their Outlook login details (every 10 seconds or so). The notifications stop as soon as the user exits UCA and resume as soon as it's restarted.

It's fairly clear that the password prompts are connected to UCA but I'm really not sure why. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this?

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Users prompted for Outlook password when UCA is on
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »
Is the password for UCA tied in any way to UCA or the PBX?

Usually password prompting in outlook is a sign of wiping the credentials manager in windows 7.  Have you played with that at all?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Offline merlin02131

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
I had that problem on a User the other day , as I set the user up manually Thru MAS / MCD NOT using Windows Active Directory . I did not troubleshoot , only to remove the user and set him back up by importing his info via Integrated Directory . I had some issues with IDS importing the correct user in fo , names , so I tried to set the users up manually

After this ,  I could not log into Outlook due to the User using windows log on and Outlook was looking for the credentials from the user to log on with Windows Logon . Not too sure exactly what the issue was as I did not have time to troubleshoot . But by using IDS/Windows log on , fixing IDS by clearing out ALL entries and re importing , I was able to get the user to work again .

I know its uin the windows log on but not exactly sure where ...

Hope this helps !

regards

Rich

Offline mpaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »
Close out your UCA then log into Exchange, then re-open UCA.
I have had this happen frequently.  UCA blocks exchange authentication.  If your Outlook is dropping frequently you may want to explore if you have issues with Exchange, however with UCA open you will not be able to log into Exchange.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10