Author Topic: How To Program A DID as a Virtual Phone Number  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Jean

• View Profile
How To Program A DID as a Virtual Phone Number
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
Does anyone know how to add a new main phone number as a virtual phone? I already have the DID assigned as an extension in the system speed dial and have that extension setup with voicemail. I know nothing needs to be setup in Users and Devices or have a Hunt Group for it, but I do not know how see it Call Rerouting when it is not setup in Users and Devices. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:46:38 AM by ralph »

Offline matthew

• View Profile
How To Program A DID as a Virtual Phone Number
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »
You can create a "dummy" extension with 2x PKMs etc and then use that to program multicall numbers on the keys. That helps make DNs "appear" in the system. It also uses one of your extension licenses..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:46:19 AM by ralph »

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Adding a DID as a virtual phone
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
It also uses one of your extension licenses..

Could you do a device of service level of "Trusted" so you dont need to use an ip user license?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 04:49:53 AM »
Maybe it would help to explain what you are trying to do? For instance I have a customer where the main DDI is just a key on a few phones one set to ring immediate and the others delayed. This then gives me an appearance in call re-routing to change into night service. You could have the multicall key set to no ring so it would just flash the key and put it somewhere where it doesn't matter.

But that may not answer what you are actually trying to do.

Offline Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
I  have a direct dial inward number that points to a toll free number by our phone company.
This main DID will not be a real phone, but a virtual phone with VM that will ring on many of our Mitel IP phones.

I believe the DID is programmed in the NSU to a system speed dial number.
I have created a VM for an extension and set that extension to the programmed system speed dial.

I am fairly certain that I do nothing in Users and Devices or in Hunt Groups, but since there is not an extension in Users and Devices I do not see the extension in Call Rerouting and I know it needs to appear in that list.

How do I get the VM ext that I created to appear in Call Rerouting?
Will that complete the tasks needed to have the process work when the Toll free number is dialed?

Thanks again!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
As the guys have mentioned, easiest solution is to program the number as a Multicall key.
You can keep the DID as a speed call to keep flexibility and direct it to a newly created or existing multicall key.
You can then reroute this number to VM as it will appear in the route forms. Be ware that you will need a Message indicator programmed if you need to know when messages are left, otherwise you could setup VM to Email if not already done.

Offline Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »
Thank you x-man. I added the VM ext as a multicall key to an IP phone and that put the ext in Call Rerouting. Calling the DID or toll-free number now works. Thank you so much!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: How To Program A DID as a Virtual Phone Number
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »
NP, glad to be of assistance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10