Author Topic: mitel 5000 ip issue  (Read 3306 times)

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
mitel 5000 ip issue
« on: July 18, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
i have a mitel 5000 and the last digit of the ip address was 51. some reason it changed to 50... here is the weird thing. when you go through the front panel it and go to current it shows 50 but when you go to configure and to configure the ip address it shows 51. we did an upgrade from 5 to 6. another weird thing is the phones were set to 51 but the guy doing the upgrade couldn't access the system with 51 he had to do it with 50 then after the upgrade the phones wouldn't work on 51 they had to be changed to 50. any ideas?
just to add on to this  in the past i have always accessed via .51 and not 50...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:29:35 PM by markdevoll »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: mitel 5000 ip issue
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
My guess is someone changed it by accident or playing in the front panel but the system has not been rebooted for the changes to take effect... Any changes to the IP address will not take effect until a reboot occurs and the "current IP address" is correct.

I would just change it back to what it was supposed to be, commit the changes to the database internally, and reboot when it is convenient.

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
the problem is that it was working on .51 and it is now working on .50. The .50 is the current and the .51 is the configured one. if it had been changed then the .51 would be working and the .50 would start working after the reboot.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »
OK, I got you now... that is a puzzler. How are your phones getting the information to connect to the phone system, is it via DHCP or statically assigned? If DHCP, what is acting as the DHCP server? In release 5 there was no embedded DHCP server in the 5000, in 6.0 there is... is it possible the installer made the change due to some conflict and just "forgot" to tell you?

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
I know this post is a few months old, but is it possible there was a PS1 server connected? 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
Boris,

Mitel IP Phones do not connect to the PS-1, only SIP Phones do, so it would not be part of the issue here. Basically, you can see the PS-1 as offsetting a few functions, although this is not totally accurate, such as Database Programming, SIP, and Voicemail. Most likely there was a change to the system manually and it was not saved to the backup database prior to shutting down the system.

Are you having a similar issue or are you just trying to figure out a solution to the problem?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10