Author Topic: Hotline to external number  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hotline to external number
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:29:41 PM »
Is there a way to make a sx200 ICP have a hotline to an external number? I tried making  an abbreviated dial entry to 911 but I can't enter it in form 19. It seems to only want LDNs.

The situation is a pool phone that calls 911 when it goes off hook.

Help?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hotline to external number
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:57:56 AM »
You should be able to put a speed dial into form 19 or a phantom forwarded always to the speed dial bin

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »
It won't allow it. When you say speed dial, do you mean abbreviated dial code? Or is there a speed dial form somewhere? I don't work on 200s very often.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
It would be an abbreviated dial bin. You enter it using the soft key speed dial

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
An abbreviated dial (ie. system speed call) cannot be a destination for a Call Reroute in form 19 of the SX-200 (Years ago you could, but in the ICP you cannot)...

To do this would require using a phantom extension and call forwarding it to 911, then set the Form 19 Attendant position for that tenant to the phantom extension number.

Honestly, I would check on the legality of this... having a hotline to 911 is seriously frowned upon by most emergency dispatch centers. A local hotel was fined recently a fair amount because of this actually... they had a pool phone that hotlined to 911, and the jack got corroded and shorted out and sent hundreds of calls to 911 over a weekend. The end result was a phone with a restriction to only be able to dial internal and 911 and a big sign, and they had to write a fat check.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 12:15:26 AM »
An abbreviated dial (ie. system speed call) cannot be a destination for a Call Reroute in form 19 of the SX-200 (Years ago you could, but in the ICP you cannot)...

Are you saying you can't enter one, or that it doesn't work if entered? I just remoted into a version 5 icp and I could put a speed call into dial 0

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »

Are you saying you can't enter one, or that it doesn't work if entered? I just remoted into a version 5 icp and I could put a speed call into dial 0
Hmmm... I thought I tried this on ICP 5 and it wouldn't let me even enter it, it might not have been the Dial 0 position though...  I'll have to look at it tomorrow in the office.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10