Author Topic: Send VM via SMTP but don't store in NuPoint?  (Read 1975 times)

Online dg

• View Profile
Send VM via SMTP but don't store in NuPoint?
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Hey folks,
We have NuPoint running fine with SMTP sending enabled. We are not using IMAP or Exchange, so any VM's are stored in NuPoint, and a duplicate sent via SMTP.

Since I get voicemail attachments in email on my cell and office, it is really not necessary to also need to listen/delete them on my phoneset (since I have already heard them.) Is there a way to just send them out via SMTP and -not- store them in NuPoint at all? I have another user in a similar situation me who just hates the MWI. I know I could disable the MWI itself, but the messages would still collect in NuPoint and eventually max out.

I tried setting message count to 0 in LCOS, but it won't take that number.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
dg

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Send VM via SMTP but don't store in NuPoint?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »
To do this for customers we usually create a special LCOS, where all the Message Age limits are set to 1 hour. This LCOS will auto-delete any "saved" messages at midnight. We also disable MWI notification for that mailbox as well.

Word of warning (which applies more to embedded than NuPoint), if for whatever reason the voicemail copy never makes it to the email inbox, and you set the above up, the message may be completely gone and possibly non-recoverable.

NuPoint is better at queue and resending than embedded voicemail, so this isn't nearly as big a concern for you, but I always give this warning to customers.

Online dg

• View Profile
Re: Send VM via SMTP but don't store in NuPoint?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
Thank you sir,
That sounds like a viable option. The email forwards seem quite reliable, so I think that will do. I will have to forewarn the user of this possibility, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

We'll test that next week and make sure that's going to work. (Of course, my colleague will also need to be mindful of checking his email regularly as well, but I suppose that goes without saying...)

Thanks so much,
dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10