Author Topic: Hunt group extension list  (Read 3120 times)

Offline AdamC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt group extension list
« on: July 15, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
Recently had a Mitel 5000 system installed - with UCA, MBG, MAS, and CSM

We have 131 phones and have just had a pec-1 card installed

We have a linear UCD hunt group that begins with 27 phones ringing (part of a hunt group extension list)

after the no answer advance timer expires (8 seconds) - it moves to the next hunt group extension list - this has 52 phones in it.

We have been experiencing problems on the first hunt group extension list, where a call cannot be answered - I have since been told by our supplier that the limit is 30 phones in a hunt group extension list and that this could be the cause of the problem - I am a little confused though as it is happening on the list that has 27 phones?

Just wondered Has anyone else encountered this sort of problem or had a solution provided?

Thanks

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt group extension list
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
I have seen issues with Hunt Group extn lists, even though this is what they are apparently supposed to be used for.

So I have gone back to using a Phones extn list, create two new Phone Extn Lists exactly the same as the Hunt Group Extn Lists you currently have.

Swap them over in the Hunt Group members field and see if the issue goes away.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
From the Help: "When using an extension list for ring-in or hunt groups, do not exceed 30 phones per list. The system can send ring signal to up to 30 phones."

So from that, it's safe to assume that's 30 phones total throughout the system. How many phones do you have in total and what type? (Digital, IP, analog)

Offline AdamC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:53:16 PM »
From the Help: "When using an extension list for ring-in or hunt groups, do not exceed 30 phones per list. The system can send ring signal to up to 30 phones."

So from that, it's safe to assume that's 30 phones total throughout the system. How many phones do you have in total and what type? (Digital, IP, analog)

We have 131 ip phones, 20 SIP mobiles and one analogue device

30 just seems like a really low number for a hunt group - I really thought a system like the 5000 could do more...

Appreciate the feedback from you both

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 03:27:28 AM »
They used to be really conservative with the system limits, for example when the 5000 first came out they said the maximum IP Phones on a basic system was 25, now it's 75.

Maybe they just haven't got around to updating the manual for the maximum amount of list members.

Just for your info I have a company with around 55 members ringing all at the same time without issue and this is on a base system without PEC or PS-1.

Offline AdamC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »
With regards to the 75 ip phones - is that for the system as a whole or just for the members lists?

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
That's the system as a whole without a PEC-1 or PS-1 installed. I think it's 175 with a PEC-1 and 250 with a PEC-1+PS-1.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10