Author Topic: Divert from Reception Console  (Read 1421 times)

Offline jopolson

• View Profile
Divert from Reception Console
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
Hi Guys, sorry if his has already been answered in another post, I did search but couldn't find the answer on here.

We have 5550 Console on reception and the PC running the software is a bit flaky. If this goes down how can I divert the receptions calls to go to another extension?

Thanks in advance

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Divert from Reception Console
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:17:01 PM »
I assume this is the only console you have if you want calls to go elsewhere. The system will be placed into Night1 when the software/console is out of service. Find how your calls are getting to the console and make them reroute on Night1 to another destination. I can't tell you exactly where to look without knowing how the call flow is configured. You may need to create a phantom extension to route through first, or you may be lucky and just have to build a new call reroute always entry and assign it to a number that is already programmed.

Sorry if that make no sense, I couldn't think of a better way to word it.

Offline jopolson

• View Profile
Re: Divert from Reception Console
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:52:43 AM »
I follow you, thank you for the reply.

We use night1 to divert to a recording that says that the building is closed, this is manually selected when the receptionist finishes. Should we use another night setting for this one if the default is night1?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10