Author Topic: Do I have a faulty T1/E1 card?  (Read 4194 times)

Offline matthew

• View Profile
Do I have a faulty T1/E1 card?
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »
I need a sanity check.

CXi running 9.0.3.15 with 1x T1/E1 Framer and an ASU. I have alarms saying

DSP Status Total: 5, Unavailable: 20%
VM Port Status Total: 16, Unavailable: 75%

In maintenance commands, SHOW STATUS DSP shows all five DSPs as ACTIVE. Doing STATE EXTENSION <vm port #> shows the first 4 as Idle and the rest as Out of Service.

I performed a programmed reboot overnight, but it hasn't resolved things. Calls in/out are OK, but those resources are still missing. I'm confused by the DSPs all showing as active. I didn't set this system up, so I double checked the Technician's Handbook and it looks like I should have 5 DSPs and 16 VM ports in this configuration, so I don't believe I have a misconfiguration. Do I have  a faulty T1/E1 card, or is there something else I can do to resolve the alarms and get the VM ports back?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Do I have a faulty T1/E1 card?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
I would say yes. From what I see you have the base dual plus a dual module, 8 compression channels and the pri card

Offline MBholah

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:29:28 AM »
I would also like to know if I have a faulty E1 card on an old LX controller.

We have had every weekend issues with external calls.

BT have said they spotted a card error at the exchange at their end and have replaced a card at their circuit end.

Now everything seems to be ok this monday morning but this MAJOR alarm still resides on the Mitel LX running MCD6. Is it that this just needs to be cleared ? When I do a show alarms it just confirm error with Card Universal E1

Can anyone Mitel gurus advise ? as my PBX supporters are useless! LOL

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »
You need to run maintenance cmd DTSTAT CLEAR then the PLID. Example: 6 1 2 1. This will clear it, then see if it comes back.

Offline MBholah

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Thankyou so much good to know these commands.

I also stumbled on this which was helpful to view the last 24 hour status of the PLID. Our comms company at British Telecomms have said they replaced the card at the exchange so I guess I have to do this everytime an outage happens at the T1.

Thanks again.

http://www.mitelusergroup.com/forum/messages.cfm?threadid=5A5AB187-1422-0E77-16E7FD29E9BB244D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10