Author Topic: Call routing to a number and remotely changing the called number ?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
3300 MXe 2-Clustered Rel 4.2 / 10.2.0.26_2  EMB-VM 6-SX200 10-ASU

I'm not sure what I'm asking for, but I'll explain what we have and what they want me to do.

NOW:
Calls go to the department number, which routes to key system numbers on multiple phones in an office area.

No one answers, hits 1st Alternate, which is a speed dial to an answering service.

The answering service is informed of who the On Call person(s) is/are and relays message of who is trying to contact them.

CHANGE:
Can I set up some extension(s) to put in call routing / hunt group and the department and remotely set call forwarding on the numbers for whomever is/are the On Call people ?   Maybe Hot Desk somehow ? 

Any ideas on how I might do something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call routing to a number and remotely changing the called number ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
Likely yes

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »
So basically you want to send calls to a mobile.
Maybe on no answer? maybe on close of business.

From the info you have supplied i would say set a night service reroute to a speed dial.
Night service can be scheduled or manually changed
You can change the speed dial when you need to change the mobile it goes to.

If you are trying to automate the change of the mobile the calls go to then you could spend some money and get mobile twinning/ External hot desk user (EHDU)

This allows the mobiles logon to a group , via DISA, when it is they day/week to take calls.

You will need this installing by your mitel dealer

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
Easy way I could think of....

Set up the phones with a call forward always to each external number required and remotely go into the desktop with group programming and activate /de-activate call forwarding as required (IIRC there are some releases of software where you will need to programme the call forward always as a speedcall with the external number in it; some you can programme thee xternal number directly as the call forward target...). You can also change the external number here as awell for real flexibility. This assumes multiple DDI numbers.

If it were just one number then I would set up a system speedcall with the DDI and change the external number as required; then use night service to route the DDI as required so you could leave the hunt group etc as is and when in night service it goes straight out to the programmed number. You can change all these remotely if you have system access.

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
I appreciate the responses very much. I have some thoughts on changes for the future of this possibly with the mobile twinning.

However, I failed to give enough details. The calls via key system numbers, actually go to a key system where the department is locally off site.  OPX lines.  Then if no one answers there, either daytime possibly if all the techs are traveling or night. On "no answer" the speed call goes to the answering svc, the dept manager has given the answering service the On Call numbers.

So it would be the dept manager who would want to remotely change the On Call numbers, not me.

But, I believe you are saying, If I set up some phantom DDI as hot desk user, they can call into those extensions and change the mobile number ?

THanks again.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
I would set up each of the possible on call people as EHDU and put them in a hunt or ring group. Make it their job to log in/out when they should be taking calls. I guess you could also put presence buttons on a phone somewhere to see if they are logged in? I haven't tried that, just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10