Author Topic: HUnt Group Voice Mail Question  (Read 7216 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
HUnt Group Voice Mail Question
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »
I have a hunt group (2301).
Under HUnt Group/Members, the voice mail extension is set to 2710 (Call Routing Announcement)
When we call this group and get vm, a users vm recording is played.

They want this to go to a separate voice mail and not a users voice mail.
I can't figure out how/where the 2710 is linked to the users vm (1340)

The only thing I can think of is that ext 1340 is the top of the list of the ACD - does it just default to the top ext?  If so, how do I create a new. separate vm box?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HUnt Group Voice Mail Question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »
If you dial 2710 internally does it go to the same VM box?
What does 2710 do, just transfer to the VM extn (2500?)

If you want that hunt group to go to VM it should recall to 2500 and there should be a new associated VM box created for the HG, within this you can set the greeting and the nominated phone that receives the messages.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
Good question...

Called it and it goes into the vm for user 1340.  The message on the phone is " Record MSG for 1340 User Name"

What does 2710 do, just transfer to the VM extn (2500?)
Not sure how to verify what it does.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
If you want that hunt group to go to VM it should recall to 2500 and there should be a new associated VM box created for the HG, within this you can set the greeting and the nominated phone that receives the messages.

I don't want this to be set to a physical phone as all users in this hunt group have their own voice mail already.

so, if I understand this properly, I need to:
  • Create a non-associated mailbox
  • Go back to the Hunt Group Member/Extension and change the voice mail from 2710 to the new non-associated mail box

This should allow anyone to check the vm box while not assigning it to any 1 physical phone

* this still doesn't help me understand how dialing 2710 goes straight to a users mb.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
If 2710 is truly a Call Routing Announcement, go there and inspect DIGIT TRANSLATION...I think you'll find the TIMEOUT destination is mailbox 1340.  You can certainly change this to any other destination.  But I'm not quite sure why you have this as a member in your HG.  Typically you'll have only live people as members.  Then if no one answers by the time the RECALL TIMER (in HG TIMERS) expires you'd have the CRA 2710 listed in the RECALL field to send the call to a mailbox.
If you're not offering any options in 2710 you probably could have instead just built a new mailbox matching the HG number (ASSOCIATED mailbox) and RECALL could just be the VOICE MAIL pilot (typically 2500 by default).  Either of these methods should get you to the same place.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
But I'm not quite sure why you have this as a member in your HG.  Typically you'll have only live people as members. 

Under members we have:
P0000 = a group for actual extensions
2710 = Call routing Annonucement

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
If 2710 is truly a Call Routing Announcement, go there and inspect DIGIT TRANSLATION...I think you'll find the TIMEOUT destination is mailbox 1340.  You can certainly change this to any other destination.  But I'm not quite sure why you have this as a member in your HG.  Typically you'll have only live people as members.  Then if no one answers by the time the RECALL TIMER (in HG TIMERS) expires you'd have the CRA 2710 listed in the RECALL field to send the call to a mailbox.
If you're not offering any options in 2710 you probably could have instead just built a new mailbox matching the HG number (ASSOCIATED mailbox) and RECALL could just be the VOICE MAIL pilot (typically 2500 by default).  Either of these methods should get you to the same place.

I did find 1340 under Digit Translation - THANK YOU!

I don't think we are offering any options in 2710.
The transfer recall is set to 2710.

I'm still not following how to setup a generic voice mail box.    Should I just create a new mailbox with ext of 2710 (assoc that with hunt group 2710) then change the Digit Translation to 2710?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »
Under what condition do you want calls to go to VM...immediately if all agents are busy, or after some time interval if call isn't answered, or both?  Setup is a bit different for each.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »
They are telling me: 45 seconds if call isn’t answered.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
Related note: can I setup 2 voice mails on one phone?
How will people be notified that there are new messages.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
If you want call to go to VM if unanswered for 45 seconds, here's what I'd do:
Create a new un-associated VM box, we'll call it 2222.  Log in and record mbox greeting, something like "We're busy right now and unable to answer your call. Please leave your message at the tone and we'll get back to you ASAP".
For Timeout on digit translation, CRA 2710, enter TRANSFER TO MAILBOX and 2222.
Set RECALL in your HG to 45 seconds and in the timers for your HG set RECALL to 45 seconds.
That's it!  Now if you want to let someone know when there's a message you can put ONE extension under MESSAGE NOTIFICATION STATION in the mailbox 2222 setup.  If user presses his lit message key before picking up his phone it will tell him whether he or HG has a message.

That said, if it were me I'd go a step further and modify the CRA to say "All the agents are busy now.  Please continue to hold or press 1 to leave a message and we'll call you back".  You can even have the voice mail lady tell them how many other souls are ahead of them.  You could even offer other choices: "If you're getting a 317 alarm, press 2 for recorded instructions". Let me know if you want to go this route and I'll give you further instructions.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »
Sounds good. 

I can only have 1 other person notified of this mailbox then?  I think we can work with that.

And yes, please send info on your step further.  I think we'd like options to 1. Leave a message and 2. keep holding.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
What about an email notification?
Our users can add an email when they have a voice message.  Would that work here to set up an email group?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »
Yes, you can do an e-mail notification to multiple users.  Kind of complicated if you haven't done before, but if you're already using it for others just right-click/copy a working user and then right-click paste (only e-mail attributes) to your new mbox.

To build the opt-out-for-vmail option:
In Voice Processor/Application Related/Audiotex Recordings, label the next 2 un-named recordings.  We'll say it's recording 10 & 11, and name them "Queue 1" and Queue 2".  Log into the vm admin mailbox, press secret 9 for admin options, follow directions to make a custom recording, and make those recordings...10 will say something like "All of our agents are busy" and 11 "Please continue to hold, or press 1 to leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as we can".
Change your mailbox greeting (2222?) to say simply "Please leave a message at the tone".
Now go into CRA 2710.  Change digit time out to HANGUP (counter-intuitive, but trust me) and digit 1 to TRANSFER TO MAILBOX, destination 2222.  Under DAY and NIGHT GREETINGS choose, in this order, 10, Q (bottom of pick list) and 11. If the order is wrong, drag-and-drop to fix. Dial 2710 to hear your finished product.
Last, go into the HG and change RECALL to NONE, ANNOUNCEMENT to 2710.  Set TIMER for ANNOUNCEMENT to 45 seconds.
You're done! Call will ring HG.  No answer in 45 sec, caller hears 2710.  1 goes to VM, no choice hangs up announcement while call continues to ring HG during and after announcement.
If you want to offer this option again occasionally, just put 2701 in the OVERFLOW field of HG and set OVERFLOW timer for how often you want to present.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 05:59:44 PM »
Wow.  Fantastic.  I'll see about implementing this this week.

What happens if I mess up something, is there a backup/restore utility?
Or do I just call for service at that point   ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10