Author Topic: 3300 CX II Controller  (Read 6058 times)

Offline Guy Babcock

• View Profile
3300 CX II Controller
« on: July 03, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »
I have  CX Controller need to program to replace a 7.0. Sorry it's been awhile, do they still use the ibuttom? Will I need to move it from the old one?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 3300 CX II Controller
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »
So you are going to MCD 7.0 (current) from ICP 7.0? Sorry, but there is some confusion about the "7.0" here and it is very important, because I don't believe the CX II is compatible with ICP 7.0.

Also, you shouldn't switch i-Buttons between hardware, if it was a CX to CX I would go for it, going from a CX to CX II I wouldn't, just change the SYSID in AMC.

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
If it's old 3300 V7 and not MiVoice 7, I'd worry about hardware compatibilty. As for the ibutton, it is safe to swap IMHO. Never ran into any issue whether moving between CX(s) or from CX to MXe.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:26:34 AM »
Didn't all the CX11 come with 512mb ram so they are compatible with MCD? Or is there another reason i've not seen that makes the CX 11 not work with MCD 7?

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:29:47 AM »
My worry was old 3300 version running on a sata drive based system

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
Didn't all the CX11 come with 512mb ram so they are compatible with MCD? Or is there another reason i've not seen that makes the CX 11 not work with MCD 7?
CXII works fine with MCD softwares, my issue is the controller is not backwards compatible to older versions of ICP software due to the SATA controller... I would have to check the compatibility guide but I think the CXII isn't supported until versions 9 or 10 (MCD 4) of software.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:00:01 AM »
I assume you mean PATA? All CX11 will be sata either solid state or spinny...I havent seen a spinny drive for a while though, most have been on 8gb solid state.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:40 AM »
PATA=Parallel ATA=IDE or old style
SATA=Serial ATA=new style

My issue here is the CXII has a SATA controller, and it is not compatible with the old version 7.0 software.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »
Yes I know what they stand for. But that is to do with the controller on the MB NOT the software running on it. As far as the software is concerned a HD is a HD however it is controlled. Can you tell me where it says rlease 7 of the 3300 is not compatible with the SATA hard disk as I have never come accross this...?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
SATA support didn't come until MCD 4.0SP4.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
Not saying you are wrong but the SATA support came in with the CX(i) 11 controller. I've looked in all the documentation and I must be missing something because nowhere does it state that I can see that you can't run old software on the new controller. Like I said the controller must be onboard and have its own boot rom because its operational before VX wroks is loaded. And the system handbook states the HD is only used for database storage and VM.

Happy to be proved wrong if you can point out where this is stated.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »
Not saying you are wrong but the SATA support came in with the CX(i) 11 controller. I've looked in all the documentation and I must be missing something because nowhere does it state that I can see that you can't run old software on the new controller. Like I said the controller must be onboard and have its own boot rom because its operational before VX wroks is loaded. And the system handbook states the HD is only used for database storage and VM.

Happy to be proved wrong if you can point out where this is stated.

Per the document linked as "MCD 6.0 and Mitel 3300 Controllers Hardware and Software History" on the MiVoice Business page of Mitel On-Line, the CX-II was introduced with MCD 4.0. Therefore, MCD 4.0 is the minimum release that will support the controller hardware.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 02:06:20 PM »
Indeed, I read that too and it makes absolutely no mention that the CX-11 only supports MCD 4.0 or above. It makes no mention of not supporting earlier software. Whereas the MXe -111 is specific that it will not support earlier software or hardware even from the MXe-11. This is what I am going on. To be clear it does not state that the CX-11 will only support MCD4.0 or above. Since MCD was released around version 8 or thereabouts I would be surprised if the CX-11 would not support those versions of MCD....

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
Indeed, I read that too and it makes absolutely no mention that the CX-11 only supports MCD 4.0 or above. It makes no mention of not supporting earlier software. Whereas the MXe -111 is specific that it will not support earlier software or hardware even from the MXe-11. This is what I am going on. To be clear it does not state that the CX-11 will only support MCD4.0 or above. Since MCD was released around version 8 or thereabouts I would be surprised if the CX-11 would not support those versions of MCD....

Assuming you could get it to run, Mitel wouldn't offer you any support on it. It's possible there's O/S level drivers or other software specific to the hardware packaged in the release that did not exist in previous releases. Then again, MCD 4.0 is old enough that Mitel will only return an existing system to service anyway.

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
I'd be concerned about any firmware flashing, I suppose if the original version doesn't know how, the default may work. I would be nice to know of success stories before creating a brick IMHO

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10