Author Topic: Anyone use the install wizard?!  (Read 2302 times)

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Anyone use the install wizard?!
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »
Never used it.

What are peoples thoughts?
Good? bad?

Any useful manuals, bits of info you could share with a install wizard virgin?

thx

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone use the install wizard?!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
I must say I have never used it, but can't wait to see what others have to say. Thanks.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:17:45 PM »
Used it all the time. A couple of oddities you have to be careful of (like it always seems to program call re-routing to VM as default and deciding on hot desk sets or not isn't always clear...) but it made the job fairly painless. Always had to do some tweaking after but that was less of an isuue. I never saw a manual I just used it, seemed fairly straighforward.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:32:43 PM »
I've used it for some basic installs to save time. I like that it sets up all the default COS & Feature codes. The ARS usually needs a bit of re-tweak. Once you build your telco (PRI or SIP) it assigns all related descriptors/assignments and can help speed things along. Keep in mind, I came from the Axxess/5000 side and did not have a library of pre-populated forms and 3300 knowledge to start out with.

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Looked at it, but never actually used it

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 05:26:48 AM »
Not sure to give it ago or not.....maybe if i have a small install soon i will give it a go

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
The install tool in my mind is a fast way to program smaller systems. It started out as crap but they have been improving it with each release. In MCD 7 they have added a lot of features because I think they are finally listening to user feed back and it looks pretty good. I will give it a go next new install.

Most experienced installers skip using it because they can bang in a system in about the same amount of time and remember how bad the tool was so they don't trust it. Old dog.. new tricks that kind of thing. I would see it being useful to someone less experienced or if you were setting up a lot of small systems. It was created to save time on installations but the thing is that entering the programming is not that time consuming on an install especially if you import spreadsheets. That is why a lot of tech's don't use it. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10