Author Topic: Analog Trunk Config  (Read 6960 times)

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Analog Trunk Config
« on: July 03, 2014, 02:43:02 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums but long time reader haha.

I'm currently having some issues with setting up Analog Trunks on a 3300 CX II Controller. I can't seem to get it to call in properly. Normally I work on the vMCD so this is all a bit foreign to me. At the moment when I call the line the Mitel phones will only ring after I the line has been dialing for a few seconds. The phones will also only ring for about 3 rings and then stop. I've managed to call out on the line using the Individual Trunk Access feature access code but also haven't figured out how to dial out using ARS with the Analog Trunk. Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Trunk Config
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:48:45 AM »
Sounds like you have the COS option set to look for CLI on the analogue lines. This shows as a lengthy delay before the phones will actually start ringing on the handsets.
If you turn off the CLI options in the COS for the trunks they will ring straight away

Dialing out with ARS is no different to isdn2 or 30

Give the trunks numbers, put them in a trunk grp, assign trunk group to route, assign digits dialed to route
use digit modes to remove the 9 (uk)

Hope this points you in right direction

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
Call ringing for  3rings sounds like they have call rerouting assigned; often set by mistake when using the install wizard.

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »
Sounds like you have the COS option set to look for CLI on the analogue lines. This shows as a lengthy delay before the phones will actually start ringing on the handsets.
If you turn off the CLI options in the COS for the trunks they will ring straight away

Dialing out with ARS is no different to isdn2 or 30

Give the trunks numbers, put them in a trunk grp, assign trunk group to route, assign digits dialed to route
use digit modes to remove the 9 (uk)

Hope this points you in right direction

Which sub-header in the COS form should I be looking at for the CLI options?

In ARS Routes should I be using the TDM Trunk Group medium?

Thanks for your help btw!

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:50:36 AM »
Call ringing for  3rings sounds like they have call rerouting assigned; often set by mistake when using the install wizard.

I have call rerouting set to the voicemail extension for the First Alternative. The call to the analog line is ringing for a few seconds and then dropping but I can still hear it dialing on the phone I'm dialing into the line on.  :-\

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 05:54:04 AM »
Yes tdm is correct. I'll will try and log on to my system to see which cos options u need. May be a bit vague I'm afraid.  Don't know if any one else here can provide solid answer on which options need disabling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »
Yes tdm is correct. I'll will try and log on to my system to see which cos options u need. May be a bit vague I'm afraid.  Don't know if any one else here can provide solid answer on which options need disabling

Just set up a pretty basic ARS route with the TDM and that worked perfectly. Just puzzling why the dial in is giving me these symptoms. I'll play around with the COS options. Also what does CLI stand for? Finding out what it stands for might be half my problem  :P

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 06:04:55 AM »
Sorry cli is calling  line identity. It's looking for the number to display on the phone. 

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 06:06:59 AM »
Sorry cli is calling  line identity. It's looking for the number to display on the phone. 

Thanks for that. I'm assuming it will be among the Display options in COS. Maybe I'm too young but setting up the SIP was far more straight forward haha

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 06:25:09 AM »
IIRC it was something in the Trunk circuit descriptor set to yes when it needs to be no. CLASS trunk comes to mind...

Offline lamfred

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
IIRC it was something in the Trunk circuit descriptor set to yes when it needs to be no. CLASS trunk comes to mind...

The CLASS trunk was already set to no.

I've tweaked the COS settings under the Trunk sub-heading and it's now calling straight through however the call is dropping after about 12 seconds. Either if it goes to vm or I pick up the call just drops. Any ideas?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:49 AM »
Could be any number of things including your line provider. have you put a butt on and tested to see if the lines do the same when not connected to the Mitel. Have you run the LS measurement test? What else have you changed in the Trunk CO. What is max length of call timer set to? Does it happen on all phones....the list is quite long...

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »
I know this is an old post but saw it was viewed a few times so thought i'd finish it off with a "how to" blog post

http://www.phonesystemhelp.info/delayed-ring-on-analogue-line/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10