Author Topic: Restrict IC calls  (Read 2091 times)

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Restrict IC calls
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »
Hi All,

is it possible to restrict internal (IC) calls from a specific handset? I am having a test run with Hotdesking due to an office move going on and differnet users being in the office at different times but requiring their own extension numbers and it appears that with a logged out handset you can still make calls, change settings etc!? is this normal or have i not set something up correctly? (i will admit, i have no idea about how Hotdesking works  :-[)

if it helps, the controller is V6.0 PR4, handset being tested is a 5330e

thanks,

Mike

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Restrict IC calls
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »
You have correctly observed that the phone is live even when a hot desk user is not logged in.  The phone has its own identity.  One reason for this is that a HD user can log into ANY phone where it's allowed, even yours.  So the bigger question is whether you can restrict any station from making IC calls, and the answer is generally no.  Part of this is the idea that you don't want to restrict a phone from emergency (911 in US) calls, so the dial pad must be live.  If you're willing to run the risk on 911, here's a workaround: set the base ext as a HOUSE PHONE to auto-dial a new CALL ROUTING ANNOUNCEMENT that says "This phone is currently locked out".  Then for the base ext turn on HEADSET...this is to sort of disable the hot dial pad in case user tries to dial while on hook.  This solution is still not 100%...if a user dials while on hook, then picks up handset, it will still work.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »
If you're willing to run the risk on 911, here's a workaround: set the base ext as a HOUSE PHONE to auto-dial a new CALL ROUTING ANNOUNCEMENT that says "This phone is currently locked out".

That's a solutions I never thought of.  I like it.   I'm thinking there is a limit to the auto dial as to how many you can have.
I suppose you could do a similar thing using intercept handling and interconnect restriction.

The way I would normally do it is to interconnect restrict the phone from other phones and restrict outbound dialing via COR.

Ralph

****EDIT  ***
Dang it.  I'm thinking 3300 again.   Maybe something similar would work on a 5k.  ~Ralph

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »
No limit to auto dial, as many as you want and can each be different or multiple can point to same shared recording.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »
Ninjashroom,

Actually Headset Mode just disables the hook switch for the handset and not the dialpad so if they pick up the handset it won't go to the CRA as it doesn't see it as off-hook. It will only go there if they hit the speaker button, but if the press the * key it temporarily disables the Housephone function so you can dial internally or use another feature.

In reality there really is no clean way to disable the hotdesk phone from dialing other extensions or 911.

Thanks,

Steven

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10