Author Topic: Mitel 3100 Question  (Read 3548 times)

Offline delvc4

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3100 Question
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Good Afternoon - -

I am new to the forum and have a question about a Mitel 3100 that I purchased.

I have configured the system using the Quick Instillation Tool, however, I can not get the moicemail to answer calls, either internal, or external. The phones continually ring, and ring, and eventually time out.

I have enabled the mailboxes, and they can be accessed by dialing the voicemail extension and entering the log in credentials.

I am not an expert - -I purchased this system to play around and learn; so any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks,
Chris 

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3100 Question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:31 AM »
You have to set the system to divert on no reply/busy or whatever...its an extension feature. Its that long since I worked on one I can't remember where but its fairly obvious. Why do you want to learn an obselete equipment that was never very popular? (or reliable come to that)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 04:14:42 AM »
OK, from the desktop tool its self explanatory IIRC, from a phone use the superkey and go to call forwarding and follow the sequences. Otherwise its dial the feature access codes  and enter the target...so for instance 620 followed by an extension number would be call forward on busy/no answer to an extension. use 232 (if its default) for voicemail instead of the extension number and calls should go to voicemail. 617 dialed will cancel any divert in place.  It can all be done from the superkey of course.

Offline delvc4

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:56 PM »
Thank you so very much for your help! It worked. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know where I can purchase or download a copy of the latest software for the system?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »
I don't know if its still availale anywhere except maybe on MoL. I might have a copy somewhere but you are aware its not an easy system to upgrade? What level of software do you have now?

Offline delvc4

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:57 AM »
It's version 3. I would like to upgrade it to version 4 if possible. . . I tried to get a MOL account, but hey denied the request as I am not a partner.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »
BTW this is NOT an upgrade file this is the full flash so you will have to do a full backup of your existing system and your voicemail and restore them once you have loaded the new flash and done the factory reformat and reloaded the new files onto the system. Its a long job so set aside about an hour. Good thing is if you get a new flash card you can revert back to your existing one. I don't have a file for the voicemail prompts but I think they are the same as earlier ones.

Offline delvc4

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »
Thank you so much! I will try it later and let you know how it goes. Thanks again - I really appreciate your help!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10