Author Topic: Mitel Border Gateway  (Read 2887 times)

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Mitel Border Gateway
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:28:04 AM »
I have 7 locations currently using firewalls. We are considering moving to MBG. Can someone give me a call flow layout of using the MBG.

A high level breakdown of our setup.
4 locations in one area (same carrier/SIP provider/etc.) and 3 locations in a secondary area (same carrier for these 3 but different than the previous 4)
They want to route calls to any of the 7 locations for local non-long distance calls. For example location 7 is LD from location 1, route the call through location 7 for a local call from location 1.

Also, what redundancy is available for the MBG? Can we have a failover MBG? I haven't used one yet and had a few questions, thanks.

J

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Border Gateway
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
Jason,
What is it that you're considering moving to MBG to accomplish?

Are the sites currently networked in some way?

I don't believe MBG has the ability to network MCD's over the internet natevily. I suppose you could use MBG to setup SIP trunks between the sites and network them that way, but that would be the intended use of MBG in my mind.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
yes, with SIP trunking in mind. I currently have them connected across a Metro-E connection to all sites. I am having issues with the scenario of calling from location A through location B as a local call. I am receiving some one way audio. With the firewalls removed everything is fine. I had someone else recommend going from the firewalls to a MBG would help with this issue.

Thanks
J

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
I think the biggest problem people stumble into when setting up a firewall to talk between sites is that the audio flows from endpoint to endpoint - not from PBX to PBX.   If you're getting one way audio you may want to look at that.

Ralph

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
I have looked at the options as well as Mitel support. Its to the point the firewall vendor is pointing fingers at Mitel and Mitel is pointing at the firewall. I think I will give the MBG a try.

Can the MBG support multiple SIP trunks? Is it possible to set up redundancy, maybe a fail over MBG?

J

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
Can the MBG support multiple SIP trunks? Is it possible to set up redundancy, maybe a fail over MBG?

Yes, MBG can support multiple SIP trunk endpoints. Yes, you can fail over phones from one MBG to another, not sure about SIP trunks. The MBG's would have to be clustered for this to work.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
They would be clustered. two different networks connected my a metro link.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:38:53 PM »
If you have network issues (which it sounds like you do) you need to sort those out first. If you can't route your calls on a cluster, I'm not sure that MBG will be the magic fix you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10