Author Topic: Custom Interface  (Read 1659 times)

Offline JpPhysics

• View Profile
Custom Interface
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Let me start by saying that I know absolutely nothing about our Mitel Phone system other than it is a 3300icp.
I can get into the Mitel Communications Director which I am sure I can use to break the system.

I have a new project from our Human Resources department.  They are looking for a single point of entry for new employees.
I am in the research phase of this project and the Mitel System comes up as one of the many areas we have to enter employee information.

My question(s) are..
1.  Is there a way to add/update/delete user information via a direct connection to the database?
2.  Is there a way to get all the user/speed dial records from the database directly?

My follow up is of course how would I get started?

Thanks for the time.

John

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Interface
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken and someone else wants to chime in, you can export any and all of the info you are looking for.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
Are you looking for a way to do automated changes to the Mitel 3300? For example, a new employee starts and is entered into a company database, and then the Mitel is updated automatically with this information? I don't think this is possible... There are ways to import and export comma-delimited files, but I believe they must be done manually, although the scheduler may be able to automate this somewhat, it will still need to be manually driven.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
Can you not do it via Active Directory integration is using a MS server...thought there was some way that the Mitel could pick up the information. maybe not all but quite a lot?....

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
Yes you should be able to do it via Active Directory if you are using it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10