Author Topic: Mitel MCD 4.1 toll fraud??  (Read 1724 times)

Offline TDCIN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel MCD 4.1 toll fraud??
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
I have a customer that has Mitel MCD 4.1 with the Embedded VM, PRI and a couple of Toll Free Numbers pointed to DIDs.

They have been getting several inbound calls all from different numbers, after hours and weekends to just one of their Toll Free Numbers,  these calls last for hours (one was 20hrs long). This DID is forwarded to a mailbox after hours. I confirmed that there are no matching Outbound calls around that time and there have been no outrageous long distance bills, which is great.  but it is still costing them to pay for a 20hr inbound toll free number.   

I found that if a call comes in and is muted, the mailbox will give a message "the message is too short" then dumps the call  into the Main Night AA, then roll to the Operator extension, then to the operator Mailbox where it does the same thing, and so on and so on.    I have set the Call Duration timer on the trunks to prevent a call going longer than 90 min (so not to interfere with normal calling) however i 90 min is still a long time,  is there anyway to disconnect a call that has no or low audio or have the mailbox handle the low audio differently?

Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel MCD 4.1 toll fraud??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
You may have one port connected to another port.
Do a "reso <plid>" on your busy VM ports to see if they are connecting to each other.

When you read the smdr logs for those calls what do they show?

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel MCD 4.1 toll fraud??
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
If this keeps ocurring, maybe running the after hours operator through an acd queue with dialout to actually leave message and drop call otherwise may be an alternative. You may need some kind od ringback MOH under such a scenario.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10