Author Topic: UC360  (Read 4667 times)

Offline bpone

• View Profile
UC360
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:20:56 AM »
Hello all
i am new to Mitel pbx systems and also i am new to the forum.
I have a problem with one UC360 on a mitel 3300 icp MCD 6 SP3.
The UC360 canot register at all. I have set the appropriate extension on MCD, with the settings defined for uc360 according to the manual. I have set the multylines etc. But when i run a wireshark trace i see that the uc360 sends registration request to the system, but there is no responce at all. Uc360 and system are on the same vlan.
Also any Mitel telephone on SIP mode is not registered. Its the first time that someone is trying to register a device as Sip on this system.
My question is, is there a way to check if SIP service is enabled on the system?
As far as i know (until now) by default the system is SIP registar, there is no need to activate the service.
Has anyone similar problems?
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

BR

BPONE

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: UC360
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:48 AM »
G'day,
Is the phone configured as a UC endpoint or a generic SIP device on the controller?

You should be able to have a soft phone (such as 3CX) on your PC and try and register a SIP endpoint from that, and capture at the same time with Wireshark and be able to see if there is any response back from the controller, and if so what the error code is.

Is the UC360 on the same subnet as the controller or on a different one?

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »
Hello Martin
yes the system is configured as uc endpoint, and yes its in the same subnet as the controller.
I did not tried 3cx, i will, but until now the system does not send any response messages. Its very weird indeed!

BR

BPONE

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 05:36:19 AM »
Can you do a wireshark trace and post here of a SIP registration attempt? Then we might be able to help track down where things are breaking down!

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:37:49 AM »
Ok i will take the trace and post it here.
Thanks in advance.

BR

BPONE

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:31 AM »
No worries. SIP just works, and doesn't need any special config on a 3300 so it sounds like something is up!

I assume that you set a pin on the controller for the SIP registration extension number registration as well?

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 05:42:40 AM »
Yes i did.
I am new to mitel, but i was working for many years with Ericsson products, and Innovaphone gateways, so i assumed that it needs the pin anyway. :)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
Did you resolve this? You may need to upgrade the firmware of the UC. I don't know if they are shipping with a newer version than they used to, but it was a requirement at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 07:08:46 AM »
Hi All
Sorry for my late answer, i was busy resolving various issues.
I did not resolve this matter yet, but i found out the problem. Yes the UC360 is updated to latest version since the first time.
The SIP service of the MCD is down! The MCD was upgraded recently by another Mitel partner, not me, and propably there were some errors during the installation.
The funny and hard part is, that i have to reinstall software again.

If you are wondering how i found out that sip service is down, first of all with port scanning no responce from system on port 5060, and second when issuing maintenance command SIP REGISTAR CONFIG, the system replies cannot print output, check software logs. On software logs it says SIP_AUX task has not yet started. Interesting isn't it?
BR

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10