Author Topic: Phantom with Long Distance Codes  (Read 3308 times)

Offline kipp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Phantom with Long Distance Codes
« on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:35 AM »
I have a Mitel 5000 and when we call long distance it requires an LD code.  After hours i have several extension that will go to a phantom (cell phone) which are long distance so I have to enter in a long distance code. After the caller presses the extension they hear a series of tones and a dial tone before ringing. Is there a way to prevent these tones (sounds).  The caller sometimes hang up before it rings the phone.

Thanks
Kipp

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Re: Phantom with Long Distance Codes
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »
Hopefully I am incorrect but this is something I have had to just accept. I do not believe it is possible at that point in the call to provide MOH or anything else to the caller.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:14:19 AM »
Who requires the codes, the PBX or the carrier?  I'm guessing the carrier.  If so, you probably can eliminate the audio by putting the code into the ARS stream.  One way would be to forward the phantom to a made up number (5555555555), then create a route group based on that number and facility group that replaces that number with correct number, pauses and account code.  Actually pretty easy.

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »
Dwayne, your the man. It is funny how if you forget about particular parts of the DB you forget so many options.

Offline kipp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:03:12 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Its the carrier requiring the codes because I need to track long distance.  I am now looking at using the PBX to do this rather than the carrier.

"One way would be to forward the phantom to a made up number (5555555555), then create a route group based on that number and facility group that replaces that number with correct number, pauses and account code.  Actually pretty easy."

When you say route group is that a hunt group?  Also facility group?  Sorry I am a not well versed.

Thanks
Kipp
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:12:37 PM by kipp »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
All in NUMBERING PLAN.  ROUTE GROUP is where Automatic Route Selection inspects the number you dialed to determine how to route it.  Based on the ROUTE GROUP call is then sent to a FACILITY GROUP, which tells it what to do to the string (add digits, drop digits) and then what trunk group to use for the call.  So, based on what you've said, I'd create a new ROUTE GROUP with 1 dial pattern only...that pattern will be 5555555555, for example, and that's the number you'll forward your phantom to (be sure phantom has ARS, code 92000, programmed in OUTGOING field of ASSOCIATED EXTENSIONS).  Then do a manual forward of that ext to 85555555555.  Then in NUMBERING PLAN/DIAL RULES create a new rule that says only 8, desired outside number, P for pause (maybe 2) and acct code.  Create a new FACILITIES GROUP that uses your new dial rule only and uses whatever trunk group you want to use, and go back into your ROUTE GROUP and select this new FACILITIES GROUP as the only facilities group.  Also now drag your new ROUTE GROUP to the top of the list of ROUTE GROUPS, above local etc, so these calls will fall out before they get to local or LD.

From any phone dial 5555555555 and see if calls go to the right outside number and you don't need to punch in code.  If so, dial the phantom ext, expecting the same result. 

Offline kipp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
Thanks for the clarity.  When manually forwarding the phantom to 85555555555 in your example is that in forwarding information Forward Outside #?  I have not touched numbering plans before. so  i am having a problem creating the a new dial rule it does not want to give me that option to create a new rule (add).   What am i missing?  Thanks again.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
When you get to System/Numbering Plan/Dial rules you should see a list of existing rulles beginning with Number 1, Echo Equal Access.  Just go down to the first numbered rule that has nothing in the digits field, be sure Dial Rule says Add, then type in your desired rule in the Digits field.  This field is limited to 16 characters, so if your code is too long just split the string into 2 rules, with the outside number in one and PPacct code in the other, and list both rules in your facility group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10