Author Topic: Conditional Forwarding?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline jwicks

• View Profile
Conditional Forwarding?
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:05 PM »
We have a user that requested a forwarding profile that, while it seems to have been working for the past few months, has recently brought up a couple complaints. Let me first start by explaining what the user wanted in their own words:

“Please change the phone system so that when people are transferred to my extension (x124), it should do this in order of operations:
-ring Jane Doe’s extension first
-If Jane Doe doesn’t pick it up within 3 rings, it rings my extension.
-If after 3 rings on my extension no one picks up, it goes to my voicemail (triggering the email .wav message as it currently does).”

This is currently set up as follows (as done by a Mitel technician):

If someone calls extension 124, the extension is set to always forward to extension 167.
  • On extension 167, the first call alternative is set to “4,” which is set to be extension 102.
  • Extension 102 is a number that is not in use on our system and only seems to exist in the “Call Rerouting” area.
  • Though unsure of the exact method, extension 102 is somehow forwarding to extension 124
Once extension 167 rings a few times, it then gets forwarded via extension 102 to extension 124 at which point it goes to the extension 124 voice mail if no one picks up.

The issue that the users are reporting is that if someone calls either the main building number (xxx)xxx-xxxx, which goes to extension 167, or extension 167 itself, the calls are still being forwarded to extension 124 even though the call is not intended for that user. As far as we can tell, this is an unavoidable side-effect of the way the Mitel technician set up the forwarding due to extension 102 being the first call alternative of extension 167. Is there a way to fix this problem via something like a conditional forwarding option?

If 167 is called, do not forward. If 167 doesn’t pick up, send to 167 voicemail.
If (xxx)xxx-xxxx is called, forward to 167, then do not forward again. If 167 doesn’t pick up, send to 167 voicemail.
If 124 is called, always forward to 167. If 167 doesn’t pick up, forward call to 124. If 124 doesn’t pick up, send to 124 voicemail.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Conditional Forwarding?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »
On the current setup: 102 is probably an ACD path, otherwise calls that forward through to VM would go to 167's mailbox, not 124.

On how to avoid routing calls to the main number the same way: point the main number to a different DN which either is re-routed to 167 or a hunt group or ring group that has 167 as a member. Keep in mind that doing so will change how unanswered calls are handled, so you will need to make some changes on that end as well.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:54:06 AM »
On the current setup: 102 is probably an ACD path,

More likely a name tag HG.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 05:23:15 AM »
'locate number 102' in maintenance commands to find out.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »
Depending on timers could you not give Jane do a pickup of the dudes extension. Set his phone to delay ring the dudes prime and let it normally go to VM. Just need a log enough call forward timer to allow this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10