Author Topic: Voicemail problem  (Read 2135 times)

Gav1981

Voicemail problem
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »
Hi,

Very basic user to the 3300 but was hoping some of you guys can help.  I work for a company that wants to leave a 08 number as its CLI but when callers call back they get a voicemail straight away.

I thought if I assigned the DDI to a path and set up a mailbox for that path that it would work and it kind of does. But I get the format "Sorry **** is on the phone". I just want it to play the recorded message I put on the mailbox. I thought if I set it as a message only mailbox it would work but it still plays the same format.

I hope this makes sense and am very open to any completely new ideas in order to play the message and go straight to voicemail.

Thanks

Gavin

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail problem
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:33:05 PM »
can I ask why you are using a path?
I would point the DDI to a hunt group, reroute always the hunt group to voicemail and create a mailbox with the hunt group number.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail problem
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »
I forget where I got this originally (Matt?) but it was so good I added it to my tool box.   Ralph
Hi

Yes there is a way to do as you ask:

Mailbox greetings play when a caller reaches a user's mailbox. There are two greetings: one that plays when the user's phone is busy and the other when they don't answer or when they have their phone in Call Forwarded Always to voice mail . The default no-answer greeting plays a message recorded by the user. A typical user-recorded greeting would identify the user and inform callers that they are unable to answer their call

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10