Author Topic: How to set the number of rings before voice mail?  (Read 13362 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
How to set the number of rings before voice mail?
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »
I am having difficulty finding the right setting to adjust the number of rings before voice mail pickup.
Is this a system-wide setting, or can this be set per phone/user?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to set the number of rings before voice mail?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »
It's a systm-wide setting, controlled by the System Forward Initiate timer.

You can make a custom forward timer by creating a forward path with the station as the first forward point, and the voice mail application as the second forward point. Add the System Forward Initiate and System Forward Advance timers together to determin the forwarding time.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
I'm looking under System/ Timers and Limits:
I see those 2 settings, all branches are set at 15 and 15.

I'm not sure that is what I'm looking for.  A user at branch A rings 7 times, then VM, my phone rings 25 times then I just hang up.

What setting is the web GUI (awp?) under Users / Dynamic Extension/ Ring Duration?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
I think I've got it.  My user was Dynamic Extension Express = No, so changing that number did nothing.  Once I set it to Yes and made that number a 7, my phones rings 4 times then VM picks up.

Thank you.  You had jumped started my brain!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »
Dan231,

DEE overrides System Forwarding so when you turn it off it will go back to using System Forwarding.

Did you make sure that under your phone that the System Forward Feature Flag was set to yes?

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (your station) > Flags > System Forwarding = Yes

You will also need to make sure that you actually have a system forwarding path with conditions that trigger when want calls to go to VM.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (your station) > System Forwarding Paths > (path number) = Conditions for forwarding.

Hopefully the path you send it to has VM as the first forwarding point destination which is using the system forward initiated timer you found earlier.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10