Author Topic: random system-voice “incoming call” announced  (Read 2050 times)

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
random system-voice “incoming call” announced
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
I am having a problem that is a bit strange and was wondering if any of you might be able to give me some insight as to what might be going on

My client has a Mitel 5000 running 6.0.9.61 for just about a year. In the past month this problem started. Randomly, when they are on the phone, there is a system-voice that come on and announces “incoming call”, but there is nothing on the call2 line or IC

The call flow is from a T1 -> star 2600 -> cra 2020 -> hunt group 2020 that has p0020 (digital phones) as a member

Any ideas?

Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: random system-voice “incoming call” announced
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:43 PM »
Paul,

Check the Mailbox or Extension ID of the users and Hunt Group to see if any of them have something other than Unannounced on their Transfer Method. Most likely you will also find that the Allow Transfer Method Programming is set to Yes.

Other than that I am not sure of any other call screening type application that would come over the speaker. My guess is that someone set one of them to Announce-Only unless they have options to send it redirect, answer, or reject the call then it would be Screened.

If I remember the function properly, sorry our customer base does not like this feature, when a call is being transferred from the voice processor it looks at the Mailbox or Extension ID for the transfer method it is suppose to use. If it it set to anything other than Unannounced then it asks the caller to state their name and then announces the name to the user prior to trying the transfer. If a Hunt Group is setup for this then it may send it to whomever is first in the list; not sure.

Well now I have to go play with this feature again to see exactly how it functions to stop my curiosity. My PM is going to hate you now, lol.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 03:48:23 PM »
2 days ago I was able to access the site.

there was a  auto-attendant  transfer prompt = yes in the  Extension ID, but Transfer Method=unannounced and  Allow Transfer Method Programming=no

I set the auto-attendant  transfer prompt = no, we will see what happens

Thanks

Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »
Paul,

The Auto-Attendant Transfer Prompt is what the caller hears when the Voice Processor transfers a call.

"Your call is being transferred to (directory name or extension)."

So at this point my assumption would be that the problem would still persist.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
2 weeks ago I upgraded them to version 6.0.10.80, and reset the Auto-Attendant Transfer Prompt back to the way it was initially. No complaints since my initial intervention almost 1 month ago.

thanks

Paul

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10