Author Topic: Mitel 3300 backup issues. What FTP content to backup?  (Read 5017 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 backup issues. What FTP content to backup?
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »
Hi,

I've had various issues trying to resolve java working with win7 for backup of the mitel3300 .tar file it has worked years ago but not since. I can however FTP straight to the system no problem so was wondering what folders content required backing up that can restore if required? Or is it just worth taking the whole lot of content to be sure?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 backup issues. What FTP content to backup?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:20:38 AM »
If Java is not working next best option would be to use the external FTP server function and setup an FTP Server on your laptop/PC and backup that way.

When a backup is initiated, the 3300 will do it's thing and then tar everything together ready to transfer to your PC. If it fails to transfer you can still FTP it off the 3300 I believe. It will be called Ipera3k.dba and is located in the /vmail/temp/db/archive directory, just rename the file to backup.tar (or whatever else you like with .tar) and that should be the same as a normal backup.

I have not tried this so use at your own risk

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »
2 things that seem to work for me:

Downgrade your Java to 1.6.25 or 1.6.01

Set up the PC with an FTP server package (I like FileZilla), and use the backup to FTP server feature.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
Have you replaced the uwi_jretest.htm file on the system for the backup/restore form in the web console?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10