Author Topic: Licensing  (Read 2114 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Licensing
« on: June 03, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Rookie here...

I have 8 sites with 7 sites maxed out on IP User Addresses while the 8th site (main) has 281 free licences. Can I easily transfer licences from one site to another?  When I called Mitel, they said that we would be billed to do this and that is not an option at the moment.  If I cannot move any licenses, can I setup these new extensions in a different way?

Thanks
Bobby

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
If they were setup properly on the AMC, your dealer should be able to do this for you pretty easily.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »
If they were setup properly on the AMC, your dealer should be able to do this for you pretty easily.

Thanks Blue...  Question is, they would consider this a move/add or change?  In that case, they will bill us and my boss will not approve that.  If I had the ability to edit the AMC myself, I would change this but I am going to guess that I don't have access to it.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
Only a dealer can change the AMC record.  This would be considered a MAC.  Unfortunately there might be a problem with licensing depending on if you upgraded from an earlier version.  The problem may be that would not be able to move the licenses because they were not enterprise licenses.  Your dealer should be able to tell you. I would expect the M AC cannot take longer than one half hour total.

Ralph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »
Only a dealer can change the AMC record.  This would be considered a MAC.  Unfortunately there might be a problem with licensing depending on if you upgraded from an earlier version.  The problem may be that would not be able to move the licenses because they were not enterprise licenses.  Your dealer should be able to tell you. I would expect the M AC cannot take longer than one half hour total.

Ralph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ralph.  I am guessing that there is no workaround?  Setting up the extension on another controller and making it resilient?  Or does that require a free license for both controllers?

Bobby

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »
You could set up the phone on the controller that has the available licenses and make it resilient to the other controller.
The down side of that is you won't be able to share buttons on the phone.   So you can't put it's keys on a phone registered to another controller.

Ralph

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »
You could set up the phone on the controller that has the available licenses and make it resilient to the other controller.
The down side of that is you won't be able to share buttons on the phone.   So you can't put it's keys on a phone registered to another controller.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I will try this today.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10