Author Topic: Multicall call key problem.  (Read 1991 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Multicall call key problem.
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »
CX on MCD5.

This is a sreported from customer:
I have a setup where a DDI number rings into a phone as the main incoming number. Which worked fine till they decided to want to answer it in more places. So i made a multicall key for those 4 places and they all ring together and now the rest (8 more) have delayed ring multicall keys as well. There is  message box that answers if all are busy or its not answered at night. All this works except that if any of the phones now ring 1920 or the other 3 phones set to immediate ring all the phones ring. So for instance if 1920 is rung then 1920,1922,1924 all ring as well which I think is correct. Howeevr the customer reports that whenever any of these rings any of the others then the whole group rings.. So if 1924 rings 1922 they report that 1920, 1922 and 1926 ring as well. I suspect if they were not answered all the delayed ring sets would start to ring on this basis...Is there a setting I am missing that can stop this?

Or does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this so only the rung internal extension rings when called.

About the only way I can think of is to lose the physical extension 1920 but would that work to stop the ringing when say 1922 rings 1924 and they all ring? If they really are....

I'm not convinced the customer is reporting the problem as it really is. I ahve checked to see if there are any PR groups, hunt groups and ring groups and non exist in programming.  BTW the system is on BRI with DDI's and I'm just absorbing 2 digits and the sets are numbered as per the last 4 digits.

I'm stumped if the system really is behaving as they say it is.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Multicall call key problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
OK, scrub all this. on further questioning its all WAD.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »
X-man. Does that stand for what I think it does? LOL

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Working as designed not what a a  ****head......:)

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10