Author Topic: Faxing Communication Problem  (Read 2037 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Faxing Communication Problem
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »
We have a Captaris Faxpress Express fax server with 4 lines.  We are having issues sending out teh faxes even though all the dialing rules are correct.  After the tech looked at it he seems to think there is a Comm issue between our PBX and the rest of the wold.  It seems that some of teh calls are getting hung up on or dropped according to his logs.  I was trying to locate the Mitel logs that might tell me teh same stuff from teh PBX side of things.  Does anyone know where those logs might reside or what they are called.   Also, Is there any type of special setup that needs to be done with the 3300?  Any tips and tricks that anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.  We have a lot of faxes that are stuck in the Failed state that we need to get ot.  Any comments or suggestions are welcome.  Thanks to All who man this site.   Thanks again.

Perry

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Faxing Communication Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
What type of lines are connected?  Analog lines?

Ralph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
Yes, analog

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:32:27 AM »
Do you have more than one mitel and if so does the fax always dial out using the analog lines connected to the same switch that the fax server is connected to?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 03:53:53 AM »
If you put an ordinary phone in place on one of the lines and dial out what happens? Does the system use ARS? Can you dial out over the the main system lines OK (assuming they are different to the fax lines?) or if they are the same lines are you having any difficulties dialing out at all?

I've just had a strange one where my digit mod settings got changed and I'm certain I didn't do it.....

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:30:53 AM »
As x-man suggest, test with an analog phone to be sure you can dial one of your faxes.
I like to put a butt set on line and listen as the fax system dials.  You can figure out a lot of things just by listening.

But, having said that, the reason I asked if you were using analog lines is because every time I'm had this issue it was with analog lines.
Here's what happens, the fax goes off hook and dials the number before the line is ready to receive it.
I needs a few milliseconds of a pause before it dials the 9 or the PBX will miss the 1st digit.
With a butt set you may hear that.

Ralph

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »
Ralph,  you hit the nail on the head!  We ended up having to put two pauses prior to dialing out.  We have two pauses then 9 then two more pauses to get it to work.  thanks for all the sugestions guys.  I really do appreciate the help!! 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10