Author Topic: Forwarded calls coming back  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Big_Blue

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forwarded calls coming back
« on: May 10, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »
I have a problem at one of our sites. It was just recently upgraded from 5.0 to 6.0 SP3. There are a few people that have Call Forwarding NA and Call Fwd Busy going to their cellphones. Prior to the upgrade the call would forward and would allow the caller to leave messages on the mobile voicemail. After the upgrade I am getting complaints that the call will forward to the cell phone for about 3 or 4 rings then the call goes to to the Voicemail box on the mitel system. They want it to work the way it was before, I can't figure out where the problem is as everything looks right, any thoughts?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarded calls coming back
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »
I doubt the upgrade has anything to do with this. Check the COS for those phones and see what the call forward no answer timer is. Or if you only want the calls to go to their cell phone VM simply changed the call reroute 1st alt to something that doesn't get rerouted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »
It sounds like possibly the COS's did not come over with the upgrade.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
I sounds like something changed with their call forwarding.
If you are forwarding via call rerouting and system speed calls, then be sure that call rerouting second alt is set to 1.  1 is normally set to no reroute.

If you are call forwarding via FAC or station level forwarding then be sure that both reroutes are set to 1.

Now, if you are using an auto attendant to dial the extension number then something else will need to be addressed also.

Ralph

Offline chestcp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »
I have the same complaints.  Mitel told me to change the Call forward timer but that doesn't do it.  No matter what value I put in there, the calls alway recall back to our internal voicemail after 15 seconds.  But it is definitely a call rerouting problem because the only way to fix this is to turn off the call rerouting (however, the client can no longer use their internal voicemail).  Even if changing the call forward fixed it, that is not a solution as it would make the internal voicemail unusable.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
Chestcp, look at the cos for the trunks and see if that fixes it. It will be a global change though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 06:18:56 AM »
Is this possibly the difference introduced by having supervised -v- unsupervised set in the transfer settings of the voicemail? Supervised, if set, will always transfer back to the Mitel wheras unsupervised will not. Just a thought.

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »
If these calls are coming in via embedded voice mail ports have a look at the class of service of these and set the call recall timer so that it is greater than the call forward timer on your other extensions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10