Author Topic: UCA and Ring Group...  (Read 3199 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
UCA and Ring Group...
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
Not sure whats up with the configuration of the UCA presence.  Looking at the attached screenshot (below) you can see the there is the option for "send my calls to: My Ring Group" where we can select different devices.  For some odd reason, selecting the "Desk phone (1221) and Softphone (4001) don't work.  It seems only the deskphone will always ring regardless of the settings.  We can select only "Softphone (4001) and it still rings the deskphone.  Is there any config that we could be missing?

As a work around, we are now using the "Preferential Contacts" and then added the 1221 and 4001 phone to a hunt group 2241.  This works...but seems silly that we can't have just the desk phone and softphone radio boxes checked off and it work as simple as that.  Looking for advice.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: UCA and Ring Group...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »
I tried to replicate your issue.  I created a status called "Deskphone and Softphone" and added both of those destinations to the status.  I called my main number and both deskphone and softphone rang.

So this begs the question:  you don't mention that this ever worked for you before.  Has it?  If it has, then something has changed, we just don't know what.  If it has not, then there might be additional setup required on the PBX or the UC Server. 

While I am not an expert, I would check to make sure you have softphone licensing, Dynamic Data Extension licensing and that your user information in the pbx (we have a 5000) also has the softphone information added to it.

I have found that to get this stuff to work requires setup in both the 5000 and the MAS and the UCA end point.  It's not like you can put it in in just one place and it works.  You have to check A, B and C to get it all to work.

I think that's why I'm the only person who uses it?

Hope this helps.

Adam in DC

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
Thanks.  Just for fun can you take a screenshot of what it looks like?  Can you also include the "more options" at the bottom expanded so I can see if you have rules in there.

We had to setup out iphones as SIP phones on the 5000...did you have to do this as well, or how did you set them to work as a softphone?

Thanks

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
ok. Here you go.

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
Thank you :)

Offline Wollondilly

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 03:54:26 AM »
Not sure if you still have this issue but there may be a better fix than preferential contacts.
On the controller (I know on the 3300 at least), there is a class of service called "group presence control", you need to make sure this is enabled on each of the COS for each device in your multi-device group.
For example I have a mobile phone in an EHDU COS and my deskphone in a hot desk COS, in order for UCA to be able to mark both devices as absent or present in my multi-device group both these COS need to enable the group presence control.

Cheers
Luke

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10