Author Topic: OPX T1  (Read 1945 times)

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OPX T1
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »
MCD (ISS & MXe)

I have an Axxess customer migrating to MCD. They currently use T1 (non-PRI) cards in the Axxess systems configured as T1/ESF/B8ZS, with the channels configured as (24) OPX (dialable) extensions. The cards are connected to their conferencing bridge. The OPX extensions are HG members in the CONF BRIDGE Hunt Group, which internal users dial directly, and outside users call a DID pointed to the HG.

I am not seeing any OPX options in the 3300 T1 programming or documentation. I thought I had a 5000/3300 networking doc that would help, but it's networking via SIP, not OPX. Any ideas, direction, or help is greatly appreciated.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: OPX T1
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »
My take is that for hardware you will need an ASU II with a 24 port ONS card. As far as the programming, Someone else will need to add to this. Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »
If the T1 channels are programmed as OPX circs, you may be able to program your T1 as CO instead of E&M.
You may be better off though, and have more flexibility if you request the carrier to change to E&M or better yet PRI.

If you program the circs as CO I'd test it well before cut over to  be sure it will work as I think it will.
You don't want any surprises at cut time.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »
The Axxess used be able to do "OPX" over T1, essentially DID or extension service with dialtone, and each channel had an extension number that was considered like any other extension, it could be added to a hunt group, extension list, answering point, DID destination. The primary use was networking to non-Intertel equipment, but some vendors used this to simplify installation of equipment such as conferencing servers, as it appears this is the case the T-1 is being fed "extensions" to a conferencing server.

You will need to contact the conferencing server vendor to see about re-configuring it, if possible, to work with the 3300. Note that some of that equipment was kind of specific to the system it was connected to, so it might not be possible depending on how it using the service.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
Thanks for the input all. Yes, it is a point to point connection between two devices. Just found out there is an IVR connected to the Axxess the same way. I will contact the support for those devices and see if they have some 3300 configuration guidelines.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10