Author Topic: Customer controlled call forwarding.  (Read 3603 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Customer controlled call forwarding.
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »
I have a customer requesting this and have never dealt with it on ISDN lines. So be gentle please.

Now as far as I can see the instructions are all related to call forward follow me third party remote. The big issue is it only appears to work on qsig lines (PRI) and customer only has BRI lines. Is that correct?

Then the issue is ...how the hell do you set that up? I think it can only be done with feature codes? So i would set up a feature code to cffm tp remote and then enter the digits rerquired by the remote exchange to enable the service and where I want the call to go to.

The other problem is that this is the main number of the system and is assigned to multicall keys only; will that cause an issue.

In the UK with BT lines ISDN2e x 4

Anybody able to help?

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer controlled call forwarding.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
Not interly sure i follow
If you want to divert the main number to a mobile then the call forward third party if fine

I have never had a problem with it and we use isdn2 / 30 and sip trunks

You may be talking about forwarding at the exchange...then you dont want call forward third party

It is just for forwarding another number instead of your own

It would go feature code/ multicall key/ destination, dont forget the 9 if to an external number

Can do it with multicall and hunt groups not ring groups.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
Its the BT service Customer Controlled call forwarding. IIUIC the scenario is that the exchange calls the customer and the 3300 sends a message to transfer that call direct to the forward number and then drops the line and the call completes to the diverted number. Call deflection would be better actually as that works on individual DDI's but that is supposedly set up in the same way.

Its the same as admin controlled call forwarding that BT do in a total down situation but controlled by the customer rather than BT.

TBH having spoken to the customer again I don't think its going to work (even if I knew how to do it) because its for disaster recovery if all their ISDN lines go out to transfer the calls to the SIP trunks. They would still need admin controlled forwarding in that scenario because the call would fail with the lines down.

Having said that it would be good to knowif/how it could be done.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:22 PM »
Are all of the trunks through the same provider? I know in the states you can add a service with most carriers to link the circuits together across multiple sites for DR and it works on its own without having to enable it at the time of outage. I haven't seen it with ISDN and SIP though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
ISDN30 only (or SIP).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10