Author Topic: SMDR Help Needed!  (Read 4426 times)

Offline andrewcole50

• View Profile
SMDR Help Needed!
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »
Alright I seem to be stuck. Currently we have an Inter-Tel 5000 running on version 2.4.1.30 and my boss doesn't want to upgrade anything. The Diagnostic's Monitor has apparently never been able to "Log to File" so we have to run a script to open Diagnostic's Monitor, click Save to File, and so on. The process is really clunky and I have to reset it everyday and I can't take it anymore. I found out I can theoretically get the SMDR data live by connecting to the PBX but I'm having trouble connecting via PuTTY. I've tried various different ports including 4000(which is listed in Diagnostic's Monitor), 1752 which I found here, and 22. 22 works but I don't have the login and I'm not gonna go through the process of getting it until I know it's what I need. I've noticed that in the Session Manger or whatever it's called, the SMDR output is set to None? Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have a good starting point for me so I can program a solution to get the data straight from the PBX??

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SMDR Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:28:50 AM »
SMDR out of the 5000 requires a handshaking setup, you don't just "open" a telnet session to the controller to capture calls... You have to send the SMDR start+password signal to start it, and then the application capturing the data needs to continue to monitor the connection and resend the information whenever it is needed. This is the drawback of all SMDR applications on the 5000, I would suggest looking at a Call Accounting application intended for the 5000 (like Metropolis), or something like Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger by AGG Software or something similar which allows you to send the "start" string. We used to use this with CommOne Call Accounting software (which worked, most of the time) but even then required occasional manual restarts due to how the 5000 works.

Although it's a little technical, this might be helpful: http://blog.denwa.uk.com/mitel-5000-smdr/ It explains in detail what is needed to capture SMDR directly from the 5000

(Ralph, the above linked article is EXCELLENT, short and to the point... might want to see if you can link to it or share it your documents! I sent the author an email to see if we could share the article here)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:36:10 AM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SMDR Help Needed!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:55 PM »
I have a customer using the agg data logger to get the records. They have legacy connectivity, so I have the null modem redirect to their com port. Haven't heard any complaint since the upgrade to 5000HX

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10