Author Topic: disable dialing in to pickup voicemail  (Read 2261 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
disable dialing in to pickup voicemail
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:24:55 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible to disable the feature where someone can dial in from outside and listen to their voicemails? is this configurable on a per-user or system-wide basis?

Also, a phone engineer once told me some systems allow people to dial out again from their voicemail. This used to be a scam where the voicemail would get hacked and the hacker would dial out to a premium rate number. Is this possible with the 5000?

Thanks

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: disable dialing in to pickup voicemail
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:01:55 AM »
You certainly can block calling into voice mail retrieval from auto attendant CRAs etc. by just not equipping any of the digits in digit translation to be SUBSCRIBER ACCESS (usually we put that under "*").  But I'm afraid that once you're in someone's mailbox greeting there's no way to block * from going to subscriber access.  If it's not possible to call in to leave messages you're okay, but once you're in a mailbox * is going to work.

Regarding dialing in and back out (traditionally called DISA), that's not natively possible on the 5000 at all, so not a worry.  I've set it up for many customers on request, but it requires physically looping SL ports to LS, and I always protect with account codes.

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:44:10 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I couldn't see an obvious flag or setting to block someone hitting * and going to subscriber access. Reassuring to hear the 5000 is not natively setup to dial out again from voicemail.

Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »
Hi Dwayne

Try changing the Ring In Type on your Call Routing Tables, you may find a DISA option :)

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:38 AM »
But on the 5000 DISA only gives you internal (extension) access, can't dial 8 for outside line.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
Ah right, you were specifically talking about dial through.

Now I get ya :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10